Scientific Manager, Clinical Biomarker
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Scientific Manager, Clinical BiomarkerApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as Scientific Manager, Clinical Biomarker in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Scientific Manager, Clinical Biomarker working on the Quantitative Translational Sciences team, you will be empowered to operationalize the bioanalytical and biomarker strategies for different therapeutic modalities. A typical day will include:
- Operationalize the bioanalytical and biomarker strategies for different therapeutic modalities across Oncology, Neuroscience, Gastroenterology, Immuno-oncology, and Rare Diseases.
- Partner with the clinical biomarker, diagnostics and bioanalytical sciences groups within CBID, clinical science & operations, drug discovery & data science institute within Takeda, as well as external partners.
- Extensive experience in the drug development industry and a proven track record of managing multiple clinical programs and all associated deliverables concurrently.
- Responsible for developing and executing the bioanalytical and biomarker operations and companion diagnostics plan for programs, including scenario planning, high level forecasting of timelines, assessment of program level feasibility, estimation of budget and resources (in collaboration with the CBID scientists and other key internal partners) and development of high level operational strategies.
- Strong mentor and coach to the group. Success in this role will be evaluated by the ability to influence and inspire scientists in the organization, and maintain a culture that encourages innovation, scientific rigor, and growth opportunities.
- Coordinate assigned clinical studies and programs by planning for and managing timelines for various deliverables and facilitate communication between CBID scientists and CRO labs as well as negotiate and ensure all high priority timelines for data delivery and reports are met.
- Responsible and accountable for bioanalytical and biomarker outsourcing strategy and the management of priorities and study timelines for activities performed within CRO partnership agreements.
- Candidate should be well-versed in handling complex clinical programs and multiple global clinical trials.
- Candidate should have a working knowledge of various analytical methods including ligand binding assays, LC/MS, qPCR, flow cytometry and immunohistochemistry.
- Support the implementation, maintenance and improvement of preferred provider models used for bioanalytical outsourcing. Partner with CBID colleagues to develop efficient processes for execution of bioanalytical and biomarker activities.
- Support CBID efforts to build effective and strategic relationships with QA&C, clinical operations, and other key functions within Takeda.
- Provide scientific support for defined programs, as needed.
- Oversee the activities of junior scientific management staff by providing managerial support, goal setting, and career development opportunities.
- Ensure bioanalytical and biomarker sample data is of the utmost quality and generated, analysed and delivered in a timely manner.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for key internal stakeholders (CBID lead scientist, translational scientist, clinical operations, etc).
- Creates and manages bioanalytical and biomarker operations program timelines, resources and budget.
- Responsible to communicate and to follow up on any relevant changes to the biomarker operations plan which require implementation across the program.
- Provides direction and oversight of all outsourced bioanalytical and biomarker activities on a program level.
- Identifies and contributes to areas of best practice and process improvements. Build relationships & collaborate with scientific leaders, KOLs, academic partners, CROs and health authorities.
- Accountable for the achievement of critical goals that impact and contribute to the mission of Takeda.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- A PhD in immunology or related life scientific discipline with a minimum of 5 years of biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry experience or a MS with a minimum of 10 yrs experience.
- A productive track record of sustained, significant scientific contributions as demonstrated by publications, patents and presentations
- Extensive drug development experience preferably advancing several molecules from phase I to approval and supporting post-marketing/commercial activities. Experience in development of cell/gene-based therapies is desirable but not required.
- Strong scientific background and experience with clinical bioanalytical assay development and validation. Subject matter expert in analytical platforms such as flow/mass cytometry, next-generation sequencing, immunoassays, companion diagnostics, etc.
- Strong project management skills
- Expert executive communication skills; ability to influence and inspire, preferably experienced in navigating and influencing large, highly complex, global matrixed environments with and without authority.
- Broad and strong network in the industry, biotech, CRO communities, and health authorities.
- Some domestic and international travel to Takeda sites, biomarker vendors, and regulatory agencies may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0028160