Scientific Informatics Technology Lead, Biology and Chemistry Capabilities and Products
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Scientific Informatics Technology Lead, Biology and Chemistry Capabilities and ProductsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Technology Lead in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
For the Takeda global scientific community who aspire to deliver transformative medicines to patients Scientific Informatics is the technology leader, with domain specific expertise, that provides innovative platforms and technologies to improve both operational efficiency and data-driven decision making. As an embedded partner Scientific Informatics is at the leading edge of both science and technology and proactively reacts to the changing scientific environment and needs of researchers in an agile fashion to deliver timely, value-adding solutions.
As a Scientific Informatics Technology Lead in our Biology and Chemistry Capabilities and Products team you will be responsible for the full product lifecycle and platform roadmaps for key experiment management systems. You will apply experience in life sciences to understand the needs of scientists and manage cheminformatics, biologics & lab informatics systems such as electronic lab notebooks, inventory and data management systems, and an array of tools used to design, capture and analyze experimental information. Your mission will be to deliver the right tools for the right purpose to ensure the productivity of scientists in Research & Pharmaceutical Sciences. You will help transform our platforms from local systems to global platforms and drive adoption and continual improvement. In this role you will collaborate with Scientists and Product Managers and Engineers on an ecosystem of technology products and platforms at the leading edge of drug discovery and development research.
- Provide technical leadership to design, development and deployments within the product focused R&D organization and contribute to complex product-oriented roadmaps.
- Lead global strategic activities for design and configuration of all technical aspects within a product discipline and coordinates alignment with the product organization.
- Use broad knowledge across technical disciplines to verify and ensure products are secure, use modern deployment techniques, are functional APIs, track and oversee end of life components and propose transitions to portfolio developments
- Manage large complex solutions, lead identification of business problems, design and deployment within the product organization and IT.
- Manage and influence technical product development approaches, the use different technologies, patterns and design methods along with modern scripted deployment techniques to rapidly and iteratively deliver on product development and enhancements
- Provide leadership to the design and development of software components/technology services and solutions (functional and analytical) to complex and non-routine problems and lead internal and external teams in the execution.
- Contribute to and take responsibility for the overall technical & influences operational strategy of the function aligning with strategies of associated disciplines both in R&D and IT
- Monitor and manage the implementation of major plans, products and programs within a capability line across R&D disciplines taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Lead the design of R&D functional processes and technology strategy and make decisions with an impact on the discipline’s global work processes with an identifiable impact on results
- Monitor and manage new technology acquisitions in the context of business processes to solves complex problems while understanding the impact on other disciplines
- Use the deep understanding of R&D scientific processes as well as modern technologies into usability and operational feedback into technical designs, roadmaps and implementation.
- Influences and manages the target state architecture for the capability and drives corresponding roadmaps ensuring up-to-date enterprise architecture records/repository and lifecycle management
- Communicates and promotes cross-domain use of capabilities ensuring that products and their components are well architected, documented and implemented with modern architectures, microservice based API able to participate with other products and platforms in the ecosystem.
- Act as a Technical Leader and provide guidance on design & technologies used as well as agile, iterative implementation and deployment.
- Builds strong relationships with both R&D and other IT functions and employs effective negotiation skills to reach agreement with internal or external parties and act as a point of escalation for complex non-routine problems
- Manage Product Engineers, Product Managers and Team members in complex situations aimed on effective implementation and alignment with other products in the product ecosystem.
- Own, maintain and influences the relationship with vendors and expand these relationships to ensure optimal use of resources.
- Works independently to navigate complex situations with guidance in only the most business critical situations with wider strategic impact. Provides leadership to own discipline and influences other disciplines.
- Takes responsibility for annual budgeting processes and broad budgets if needed.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Scientific, Informatics, Computer Science or related discipline. Advanced Degree is preferred.
- Six or more years of experience in use, design and/or architecture of scientific or pharmaceutical life sciences products/systems or equivalent academic experience
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical R&D scientific processes.
- Actively participate in the scientific and technology community to stay current with methodology, software, and data development and a recognized leader across multiple areas in the field
- Up-to-date expertise in the solution area assigned and continuously enhances own skills.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in an agile and rapid changing environment with high quality deliverables
- Master or higher Degree in Scientific, Informatics, Computer Science or related discipline.
- Experience working in a scientific R&D discipline.
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life sciences software or solutions.
- Familiarity with regulated systems – high level understanding of computer systems validation.
- Experience delivering architectural documentation and implementation against SAAS, IAAS or Development projects
- Understanding of IAAS Environments, scripted deployment scripts, Web Services, JSON formats, SQL and Relational Databases
- Experience in Data Management and Cheminformatics
- Experience with tools used for Chemical & Biological Registration, Experiment design & analysis software, Chemical and Biologic drawing tools, Chemistry Cartridges, Scientific Knowledge management, CAS and SciFinder, Pipeline Pilot or Knime
- Experience with electronic lab notebooks
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0014162