Scientific Informatics Business Analyst
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Scientific Informatics Business AnalystApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientific Informatics Business Analyst in our Boston, MA office, with remote work during the Pandemic.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. This mission includes driving toward a bold vision for our cloud-native, data and digital-ready future.
As a Scientific Informatics Business Analyst in our Biology and Chemistry Capabilities and Products team you will work with scientists to understand and document business processes, define and gather user stories and maintain tools and collaboration sites to organize this information. Your will work as part of our product and project teams to convey and prioritize requirements and establish tools and processes to assist with end-user communications, training and other organizational change management activities. You will apply your organizational skills and attention to detail to manage operational and team activities within the Biology and Chemistry Capabilities and Products team. In this role you will collaborate with Scientists and Product Managers and Engineers on an ecosystem of technology products and platforms at the leading edge of drug discovery and development research.
- Analyses and interprets operational needs, problems and opportunities of business processes.
- Contributes to business processes improvements within area of responsibility.
- Supports scope definition and participates with setting business priorities for changes and system implementations.
- Identifies problems, uses Business Process Mapping to analyze and capture issues, finds solutions and determines when issues should be escalated appropriately.
- Interprets, integrates and executes medium-scale changes and requirements in the delivery of projects.
- Provides input into project budgets and reporting within own area.
- Analyzes and documents business requirements for area of responsibility.
- Follows all company and department policies and ensures policies and procedures are documented according to Takeda Quality Management Systems (QMS), Software Development Life Cycle and Project Life Cycle standards.
- Interacts with department/project team members by supporting to help to make decisions.
- Works with relevant colleagues from Global Functions within the Global IS/IT Organization (PMO’s, EADS and ITIO) to align on solutions, escalations and delivery.
- Works independently under moderate supervision with stakeholders to prioritize requirements within a clear framework of accountability.
- Plans own work to meet given objectives and processes.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with business stakeholders in analyzing and supporting projects and ongoing operations.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL, COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree.Required
- 2-5 years relevant experience.
- Ability to write and speak in the English language.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills, business acumen with analytical and problem solving skills.
- Practice efficient time management and coordinates tasks, working in an international environment.
- Experience supporting business processes.
- Business Analyst and/or Project management experience.Knowledge of relevant business solutions.
- Ability to prepare and execute business meetings virtual, face-to-face, cross functional, local or global to ensure meeting required deliverables.
- Ability to present, to ask questions, to summarize and to lead small meetings.
- Bachelor’s or Masters degree, preferably with a concentration in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences, or Project Management.
- Life sciences and/or Pharmaceutical industry experience.
- Familiarity with regulated systems – general level of understanding of systems validation.
- Experience in supporting multiple cross functional, local or global projects.
- Proven ability to elicit information from customers and other interfacing application groups to understand current processes as well as new/enhanced requirements for future processes..
- Understanding of Agile values, Product Management Methodologies and procedures, and experience working with technical teams in a lean and agile software delivery team environment.
- Expert level of written and verbal communication in English. Ability in Japanese and/or German would be beneficial.
Job ID R0023281