Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate, Analytical development - Cell Therapy
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate, Analytical development - Cell TherapyApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate, assay development- Cell Therapy in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate, assay development - Cell Therapy working on the Pharm Science, Cell Therapy team, you will be empowered to build a world class cell therapy team.
This Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate position will play an important role in assay development for cellular therapy products and driving the project towards clinical.
As a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate - Assay development to develop, coordinate and provide assay support for process development and product characterization to better understand our cell therapy products. This position will play an important role in the characterization of cellular therapy products to drive the project towards clinical.
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments independently or under limited supervision.
- Owns responsibility for technical aspects of a project.
- Presents study results at team or department meetings, to external partners or at conferences.
- Prepares complex study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation, and regulatory documents for clinical trials.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues.
- Understands project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with other members from different teams and demonstrates independent, self-starting and supportive of team-based research and able to work effectively in a matrix organization.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors and assists with technical aspects of vendor negotiations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
To Be Considered for the Research Investigator Level:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 5+ years relevant industry experience
- Master’s degree in biology, chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 3+ years relevant industry experience,
- Previous experience working in lab setting
To Be Considered for the Senior Research Associate Level:
- Bachelor’s degree in biology, chemistry, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Master’s degree in biology, chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and determine causes and possible solutions using appropriate information
- Teamwork – Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication- Able to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support contributing to internal technical documents
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Technical - Advanced proficiency in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
- May require approximately 5-10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Job ID R0021243