Sr. Scientist, Process & Analytical Development - Cell Therapy
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Sr. Scientist, Process & Analytical Development - Cell TherapyApply Now
Sr Scientist, Process & Analytical Development - Cell Therapy
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Scientist, Process & Analytical Development - Cell Therapy in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Sr. Scientist, Platform and Product Development, working on the Pharmaceutical Sciences, Cell Therapy team, you will be empowered to build a world-class cell therapy team.
This Senior Scientist position will play an important role in developing the clinical manufacturing processes and/or analytical methods for developing cellular therapy especially CAR-T and CAR-NK products. Develops project or significant technical strategy within area of expertise. Leverages technical skill(s) as a resource/expert within the department. Independently plans and executes process development, characterization, and qualification studies. Prepares study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation, and regulatory documents for clinical trials.
- Drives project timelines and deliverables and plans/coordinates project work accordingly with departmental, functional and external stakeholders
- Provides technical leadership to project teams within area of expertise and commits resources to execute specific project tasks.
- Contributes significantly and independently to project work which may include multiple projects within functional areas.
- Plans and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Assists with the development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within the department and cross-functionally as necessary
- Builds and maintains relationships with key vendors and assists with technical aspects of vendor negotiations
- Proactively analyses manufacturing issues and coordinates potential resolution with the CMC team.
- Responsible for integrating scientific/technical efforts around cross-functional issues.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Immunology, biology, biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Demonstrated mastery of subject or area related to Natural Killer cell biology, viral production and transduction, and gene editing technology
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem-Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems using appropriate information and, determine causes and possible solutions
- Teamwork -- Ability to work well on global cross-functional teams.
- Communication Skills -Able to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; adjusts communication style as appropriate for the audience; timely and effectively communicates with senior management; technical writing skills to support authorship and approval of internal technical documents
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills to balance multiple project and departmental objectives
- Technical - Subject matter expertise in a specific scientific area or areas. Demonstrated ability to successfully contribute across multiple scientific endeavors
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture knowledge within the organization; improves solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improves information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Resource Management -Project management skills; ability to manage one’s time within individual, departmental, and corporate goals and timelines; management of internal external resources (vendors)
- External Involvement – Demonstrated involvement in professional community evidenced by presentation of scientific posters or lectures at professional conferences or events. Interacts with external vendors for projects
- Leadership Skills – Develops and uses knowledge and interpersonal skills to appropriately influence and guide others towards the accomplishment of department/function goals and objectives.
- May require approximately 5-10% travel
LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in developing cell therapy manufacturing processes, or experience in developing cell therapy product, especially in natural killer cell therapy
- In-depth experience in principles and practices of cell biology methodologies and cellular immunology
- Experience in immune cell culture, cell transfection and transduction, development and execution of functional in vitro and preclinical methods relevant for various types of immune cells.
- Understanding of viral transduction principles and processes is strongly preferred
- Experience with gene editing technology, such as CRISPR/Cas9, is strongly preferred
- Understanding and experience of using the tools of Design of Experiment (DOE) and Quality by Design (QBD) in process & assay design, development, qualification and validation.
- Previous exposure to GMP manufacturing of cell therapy or biological products, or participation in technical transfer of clinical processes to a CMO, or tech transfer of product release & characterization or clinical assays to a CRO, or other third party is a plus
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Job ID R0020552