Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Process Development, Cell Therapies
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Research Associate/Sr. Research Associate, Process Development, Cell TherapiesApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate, Process and Analytical Development, Cell Therapy in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate working on the Cell Therapy team, you will be empowered to assist in the development of cellular therapy products and work on cross-functional teams, and a typical day will include:
This Research Investigator / Senior Research Associate position will play an important role in developing the clinical manufacturing processes and/or methods for developing cellular therapy products. Independently, or with minimal supervision, plans and executes process, characterization and qualification studies. Prepares study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation, and regulatory documents for clinical trials. Presents study results at team or department meetings, to external partners or at conferences.
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Owns responsibility for technical aspects of a project
- Prepares complex experimental protocols.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Reviews, interprets and communicates data internally (e.g., to supervisor, project teams) and prepares technical reports.
- Proposes and implements resolutions to technical problems/issues
- Designs experiments/unit operations independently including follow up experiments as necessary.
- Supports local initiatives as directed by supervisor and participates in global CMC or functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Coordinates within departmental as well as cross functionally with peers on project work
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
To Be Considered for the Senior Research Associate Level:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 3+ years relevant industry experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and Problem Solving Skills - Able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and determine causes and possible solutions using appropriate information
- Teamwork – Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication Able to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues ; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support contributing to internal technical documents
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Knowledge Sharing - Ability to capture organizational knowledge; improve solutions, processes, and deliverables through use of information; improve information capital by contributing experience, theories, deliverables, and models for others to use
- Technical - Advanced proficiency in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
LINE FUNCTION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in developing cell therapy or biological products, scale-up manufacturing processes
- Understanding and experience of using the tools of Design of Experiment (DOE) and Quality by Design (QBD) in process & assay design, development, qualification and validation is a plus.
- Beneficial to have experience in principles and practices of cellular immunology and/or stem cell biology, including cell culture, cell transfection and transduction, development and execution of functional in vitro methods relevant for various types of immune cells and/or stem cells.
- May require approximately 5% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0020552