R&D Finance Lead, Chief Medical Office (CMO)
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
R&D Finance Lead, Chief Medical Office (CMO)Apply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a R&D Finance Lead, Chief Medical Office (CMO) in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Strategic finance business partner providing financial leadership to the Chief Medical Office (CMO) within R&D. Active member of CMO leadership team supporting the management of the budgets, while providing support for strategic planning and decisions. Maintains overall responsibility for supporting business/project team decision making with strategic insights, forecasting, and other innovative analysis methods to drive value and optimize resource allocation across the CMO. Provides guidance, input and direction regarding the planning, analysis and reporting activities to regional finance teams. Leads higher level cross functional initiatives (i.e. portfolio management, global consolidation/reporting) within the Global R&D Finance team. Lead discussions with management teams on spend matters within CMO and other stakeholders as necessary. Provides finance expertise to business development and due diligence activities, as necessary.
- Operates as finance business partner for highly complex function
- Maintains overall responsibility for supporting business/project team decision making with strategic insights, forecasting, and other innovative analysis methods to drive value and optimize resource allocation across the business
- Active member of function management/project team(s) supporting decision making with significance broadly for the team/business.
- Introduce novel reporting tools and finance concepts and provides advanced analysis technics to address the needs of the organization/team (i.e. decision trees, scenario planning, value driven allocation models etc.).
- Accountability for monthly/quarterly/yearly closes and long-range plan consolidation in partnership with Accounting
- Prepare and deliver high quality presentations to management/project teams.
- Design and distribute monthly reporting packages summarizing functional or project financial results complete with recommendations as necessary
- Develop and maintain performance tracking and analysis for external collaborations and support due diligence and business development activities, as needed
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 8 years of overall business experience, and/or
- Previous accountability for setting financial objectives/criteria for investments and expected returns (e.g. create criteria for investment readiness)
- Experience leading cross-functional team to develop strategic solutions to grow, maintain, divest business/services (e.g. develop roadmap for value creation)
- Demonstrated experience supporting leadership discussions and driving solutions/insights that influence decision with broad impact on business.
- Analytical – Ability to determine methods and types of analyses to be performed to address a business question. Ability to interpret and question data inputs to financial models and support alternative recommendations as necessary.
- Teamwork – Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure.
- Communication – Ability to exercise strong negotiation, diplomacy and persuasive skills in a matrix environment
- Management - Ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively.
- Relationship Skill: Ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships.
- Entrepreneurial: Ability and desire to take ownership of activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent “out of the box” thinking
- Leadership: Ability to set priorities; develop workflow processes, and direct a team of colleagues with no official reporting relationship
- Industry Acumen: Ability to define, develop and implement business solutions based on trends, opportunities, needs and market direction within pharmaceutical industry and health care environment.
- Strategic vision: Ability to recognize, forecast and communicate events, which may impact the business.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0021820