R&D Ethics and Compliance Advisory Lead – Director
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
R&D Ethics and Compliance Advisory Lead – DirectorApply Now
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by ensuring
- Ethical behaviour plays a fundamental role in risk mitigation
- Being a forward-thinking leader in risk identification and mitigation
- Building a modern function supporting achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs, it is close to the market, and encourages ethical behaviour in line with Takeda’s values. By working in an agile manner E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage our risks.
E&C commits to
- Act as role model for Takeda's values, ethics and values-based decision making, fostering this mindset in clients, partners and team
- Enable the organization to take decisions which are ethical and in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
- Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in BU / BF to embed ethics and compliance as part of the way everyone works at Takeda
- Strategic partner to R&D leadership to champion and shape the organizational mindset around the Patient-Trust-Reputation-Business model to embed ethical decision making principles
- Lead implementation of E&C strategy for R&D by influencing senior leaders and other stakeholders to embed existing ethics & compliance principles and change behavior to new trends that Takeda establishes as best practice
- Strategic Senior Advisor to R&D on key decisions including external partnership, engagement, and clinical development activities
- Maintain and further strengthen business expertise and nurtures cross functional relationships to enable a proactive, holistic and cross functional approach to risk identification
- Drive understanding of overall R&D strategy, business model, pipeline for efficient support
- Identify and evaluate emerging industry trends and laws/regulations and communicate potential impact to R&D accordingly
- Work closely with senior leaders and cross functional partners to align on, and implement, ethics & Compliance controls to proactively manage identified risks
- Anticipate the potential impact of his/her advice on other areas of the company and proactively collaborate and communicate with the relevant stakeholders to manage this impact
- Partner with R&D E&C Operations to develop and carry out targeted training and communication, monitoring and risk assessment strategies
- Provide input into global E&C Policies/SOPs, initiatives or programs as relevant and interface with other E&C teams for R&D support
- Demonstrate leadership within the R&D E&C organization, such as informally mentoring other team members and proactively educating other team members on relevant topics
- Scope of R&D support to include Chief Medical Office that spans broader remit with Commercial and PVPS connectivity
- Learning Agility, curiosity mindset, proactive, and self-motivated & effective in a matrixed organization & stakeholder engagement
- Ability to interact with and advise senior business leaders
- Strong leadership skills including the ability to influence business stakeholders and lead change through effective communication and persuasion to ensure support efficiency
- Consistently demonstrated ability to deliver results both through self and others
- Demonstrated ability to navigate complex ambiguous situations: ability to develop & apply pragmatic solutions
- Demonstrated strong project and program management skills and experience in leading cross-functional projects and initiatives with a flexible, collaborative and team-oriented approach to problem solving
- Ability to successfully handle multiple projects or initiatives with competing priorities
- Strong business acumen and ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and effective presentation skills
- Strong customer service skills and ability to demonstrate executive presence while interacting with all levels of management and stakeholders
- Proven ability to exercise strong business judgment with a strong understanding of the fundamentals of the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- At least 12 years of experience in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industry, of those at least 6 years of Ethics & Compliance experience
- R&D experience strongly desired, including in supporting Medical Affairs activities especially when intersection with commercial activities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Post-graduate degree, law degree or healthcare compliance certifications preferred
- Extensive leadership and advisor roles with substantial authority in a matrixed organization
- Good knowledge of and experience with laws, regulations and industry guidance globally that affect the pharmaceutical industry
- Extensive experience in aligning potential, present and future compliance & ethics risks related to the business, including risk identification, controls & risk mitigation of potential non-compliance
- Up to 20% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0019404