Product Manager (AI and Product Discovery), Development and Medical
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Product Manager (AI and Product Discovery), Development and MedicalApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Product Manager, with deep experience in AI and Product Discovery, a passion for prototyping and co-creation, for the Development and Medical organization in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Product Manager, AI and Product Discovery, for the Future of Healthcare and Excellence team in Medical and Development IT, you will be empowered to lead the iterative process of reducing uncertainty around a problem or idea to make sure that the right product gets built for the right audience. You’ll define the value proposition, research & analysis using strategic foresight and design thinking, working within viability, feasibility and desirability limitations, to prototype experiences, define and test hypotheses, delivery in a lean and iterative way. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s agile & product transformation by developing scope definition and advising with setting business priorities for changes and system implementations. A typical day will include:
- Define and adopt a continuous product discovery practice.
- Manage the key relationships between the business stakeholders and IT to deliver on business opportunities and outcomes and, to drive continuous delivery of value using agile IT life cycle management from product discovery (exploring, defining, iterating), product prototyping, development, launch, optimizations and renewals to product terminations.
- Lead the development of one or multiple product strategies, fitting into long-term roadmaps and drive the product priority-setting of capabilities and features in response to business needs aligned with IT architecture, deployment, and product and release management.
- Proactively monitor and maintain product related end-to-end customer/business experiences and influence relevant stakeholders to support and deliver successful product releases.
- Partners with IT peers to drive continuous improvement of service processes, user experiences, and application optimization aligned with business stakeholders.
- Engage and align with business stakeholders and IT on current business plans, strategies, and future opportunities and developments, providing product recommendations to build a meaningful release pipeline.
- Manage and influence key stakeholders across business and technology, to develop and convey product visions.
- Ensure and drive the development of a product vision, strategy and roadmap whilst aligning key stakeholders based capability and features needs.
- Maintain- and serve as the communicator- of the product vision.
- Use broad knowledge of IT, new and established technology developments and consult with key players to enhance products, to define products, to develop prototypes and to develop a roadmap for ongoing and new product developments.
- Lead and guide the development of products by using persuasion and negotiating skills to reach agreement on approach, development and implementation.
- Lead and manage the Product Life Cycle(s) for the business, by translating potential pipeline products to agile development project, working closely with development teams to create new business product releases focusing on additional and/or new functionality, product simplification, and increase transparency.
- Drive the product planning fitting in long-term roadmaps and aligned with short-term release plans.
- Drive prioritization of the product backlog to keep agile teams unblocked and aligned.
- Participate and lead gathering of research to identify articulated and non-articulated product needs.
- Closely monitor product portfolios and business composition, gather relevant data to continuously gain new insight and adjust roadmaps, offering to optimize performance and effectiveness.
- Manage and take responsibility for sustainability of the end-to-end customer experience of products developed.
- Estimate approximate workload requirements and timeline predictions for several to many professionals and continuously monitor and prioritize product developments and workflow and capacity to deliver the most significant value to the product users.
- Communicate issues and successes up and down in the project groups, IT and the business.
- Oversee and manage product budgets established in consultation with stakeholders by balancing resources, vision development, prototyping and sustain product teams to deliver and maintain the product.
- Continually monitor and refine the product and lead and influence the performing service management and expert opportunities to optimize use experiences.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a scientific discipline, computer science or business administration is preferred.
- 6 years or more of relevant professional experience in product management, product discovery, research of development business lines, IT service delivery or related area.
- Experience in no-code/low-code platforms (bubble.io, glide, airtable, powerapps) as a prototyping tools, RPA (UIPath Studio/X), ML/NLP/CV, OpenAI GPT-3, Knowledge graph.
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management. Influential in orchestrating key stakeholders and product teams to turn product vision into reality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, business acumen, and enterprise knowledge.
- Extensive experience in design or in implementing solutions or products and preferable experienced in quality improvement.
- Understand design thinking and can explain and convince stakeholders.
- Work with virtual/agile teams in different locations, aligning and adapting different work, culture and communication styles.
- Master Degree
- Familiarity working in a lean and agile software discovery and delivery team is preferred.
- Familiarity with strategic foresight and future studies disciplines.
- Is an accomplished practitioner of design thinking, with a proven track record of developing and exploiting deep customer insights.
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life science products.
- Passion for prototyping and doing product discovery, with a growth mindset.
Job ID R0025014