Principal Enterprise Architect - R&D
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Principal Enterprise Architect - R&DApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Principal Enterprise Architect, Research and Development in our Cambridge, MA or Lexington, MA office, with remote work during the Pandemic.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. This mission includes driving toward a bold vision for our cloud-native, data and digital-ready future.
As a Principal Enterprise Architect working on the Research & Development IT team, you will be empowered to act as key advisory member of the Research & Development IT leadership team as well as a key contributor to Takeda’s Enterprise Architecture. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by Influencing and contributing to EA and Global IT’s strategic goals. A typical day will include:
- Act as key advisory member of the Research & Development IT leadership team as well as a key contributor to Takeda’s Enterprise Architecture, engaging in a highly collaborative way to understand the business domain including strategic business needs and roadmaps; collaborate with the functional area to solve unique and high complex IT Architecture or business-significant problems, build capabilities, and shape technology strategy.
- Act as a primary architecture domain expert in the area of R&D IT; Lead the development and present business capability models, technology reference models, and functional area roadmaps to guide investment decisions in support of executing business and IT strategy.
- Represent R&D IT needs to Enterprise Architecture. Track and apply emerging innovative and existing technologies, anchoring them in the business model to assess their potential, and help to evolve innovations.
- Influence and contribute EA and Global IT’s strategic goals, maintaining central awareness of value stream, business capability map, and changes to architecture roadmaps. Guide pragmatic alignment to global IT standards and EA Guiding Principles
- Represent assigned functional areas in all Enterprise Architecture forums while driving alignment to central standards and guidelines
- Drive to “One Takeda” through architecture simplification, application rationalization, and reduced cost in order to achieve synergies and business value, focusing on assigned areas
- Lead the delivery of both defined and ad-hoc Enterprise Architecture services to assigned business domain including development of strategies and roadmaps
- Direct and expert business capability models and technology reference models
- Lead the development of key standards, guidance, and reference architectures as a leader of at least one Architecture Domain Team, along with an extended Architecture Community of Practice
- Influence and expert in Architecture Governance, including Architecture Review Board (ARB) and Architecture Innovation Committee (AIC)
- Lead and influence the development of capabilities which will drive effective business outcomes
- Use in-depth knowledge and experience with Architecture, design, data, system thinking and standards together with and clear view on Enterprise Leadership and Product Management to advice on multiple levels of complexity in Architecture.
- Be an important driver of technology-driven innovation for assigned functional area, shaping strategies
- Govern technology introduction and standardization in assigned area to drive business outcomes while reducing risk
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS degree required. Master's degree in Information Technology, Computer Sciences, or related field preferred. Significant business and/or technology background a requirement for the role.
- 4+ years experience with public cloud and cloud native architectures, preferably in a role driving digital transformation initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience in strategic planning and/or business analysis.
- 6+ years related pharmaceutical or pharmaceutical consulting work required.
- 6+ years of experience working in a business partnering or consulting/advisory role at a mid-to-senior executive level.
- 7+ years of experience in at least three of the following disciplines: pharmaceutical or biotech business, information architecture, technical architecture, enterprise technology strategy, cloud-native application development.
- Fluency in Japanese or German a plus.
- Familiarity with Enterprise Architecture frameworks / methodologies such as TOGAF (preferred), DODAF, FEAF, Zachmann
- Travel internationally as necessary
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0022775