Policy Advisory Lead
Boston, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Policy Advisory LeadApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career?
If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us!
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the Organization needs by:
- Ensuring ethical behaviour plays a fundamental role in risk mitigation
- Being a forward-thinking leading Function in risk identification and mitigation
- Building a modern Function supporting achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs. It is close to the market, and encourages ethical behaviour in line with Takeda’s values. By working in an agile manner, E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage our risks.
E&C commits to:
- Act as role model for Takeda's values, ethics and values-based decision-making, fostering this mindset in clients, partners and team
- Enable the Organization to take decisions which are ethical and in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
- Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in Business Units (BU) / Business Functions (BF) to embed ethics and compliance as part of the way everyone works at Takeda
- In collaboration with senior experts in and outside the company and in line with relevant international standards, US and Japan laws and regulations, drive the agenda for ensuring the Takeda global impact policies reflect our current role as a top 10 global pharmaceutical company
- Based on the US listing and Takeda presence in Japan and the UK, manage the company Anti-Corruption policy framework to ensure controls meet critical legal requirements (such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act)
- Actively work with large industry associations (specifically IFPMA and EFPIA) on dedicated industry-wide topics to help drive policy shaping externally for the industry and internally for the group-wide organization
- Monitor closely changes to legal and regulatory frameworks and external policies and trigger appropriate reviews to group-wide policy documents and updates with a cross-section of relevant senior stakeholders
- Drive recommended business critical updates to principles and rules through senior stakeholders interaction (Takeda Executive Team (TET), TET-1, others)
- Manage the formal review and approval process from preparation for Business Review Committee (BRC)/Takeda Executive Team (TET) review and approval through to communication and rollout across Takeda
- Pro-actively benchmark the Takeda set of E&C policies to enhance and keep them current and up to date
- Manage the global E&C policy framework including relevant supporting documents and tools
- Be the internal advisory support on policy interpretation at global level for Business Units and Business Functions
- Work with the Head Culture and Learning for E&C to translate policy content into digestible and manageable chunks of information and put into context on a need-to-know basis
- Demonstrates robust Project Management skills
- Works independently and is able to identify situations that require Line Manager’s involvement
- Works collaboratively within team and across teams, more particularly with Business Unit E&C teams
- Provides insightful and valuable advice to internal customers
- Translates strategic nuances into meaningful and actionable Policy provisions
- Identifies Policy stakeholders and brings all perspectives into unique provisions
- Translates relevant internal and external practices or environmental changes into Policy changes
- Develops mechanisms for forward-looking adaptations of Policies
- Ensures continuous alignment between Policies and practices by engaging with Business colleagues
- Considers implementation aspects of Policy-related requirements
- Provides support for Policy operationalisation
- Demonstrates leadership through energising and mobilising
- Adapts communication style to audience
- Aims for Customer satisfaction and proactively engages with potential new customers to build relationships
- Conveys a collaborative image for the function, both internally and externally
- Organization-savviness: Keeps abreast of changes, constantly revisits stakeholders’ group and disseminate relevant information to team and beyond
- Background of senior advisory role in Healthcare Compliance, or other areas of compliance (minimum 5 years)
- Policy development and implementation experience (minimum 5 years)
- Preference in background: Training conceptualisation and delivery, Medical Device experience, Diagnostics experience
- Strong business experience, preferably having spent time in another area outside of E&C
- Having worked in Local Operating Company & HQ roles as well as internationally
- University degree required, graduate degree preferred – ideally legal degree
- Seton Hall/Sciences Po Healthcare Compliance certification a plus
Job ID R0010676