Pipeline Commercialization Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Pipeline Commercialization LeadApply Now
Pipeline Commercialization Lead
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as the Pipeline Commercialization Lead in our Boston, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As the Pipeline Commercialization Lead working in Patient Value & Product Strategy (PVPS), Takeda’s Global Commercial Strategy unit, you will be empowered to support the Head of New Product Commercialization to assure that Takeda has the appropriate governance, standards and new product capabilities in place to deliver on the promise of our pipeline. A typical day will include:
- Support the governance of the Commercialization and Launch Committee (“CLC”), a venue of the most senior leaders in PVPS, Global Medical, Access and Regions that provides oversight for the Commercial, Medical and Access development of the pipeline. This includes:
- Managing the cadence of asset review
- Assist in the development of guidance for GPTs on how to prepare for CLC
- Partner with the PVPS asset leads (PSL and GCLs) to help refine the materials and key questions as they prepare for CLC
- Assure key decisions and feedback at CLC are documented and communicated to key stakeholders across the company
- Partner with New Product Leads and other key stakeholders on the development of a commercialization roadmap for Takeda. This will be an important guidance document for GPTs on Commercial Development.
- Develop training on the process for NPLs and others involved in the development
- Communicate the standards and best practices for how the Commercial sub-team of the GPT should operate for pipeline assets, support training on the standards across PVPS and Regions
- Manage the pipeline prioritization process for PVPS. This includes partnering with Franchises to develop briefing material on the assets, working with the PRC office to understand R&D recommendations and aligning Regions and PVPS on a commercial perspective ahead of the PRC review
- Manage the briefing process for PRC meetings. This includes partnering with the asset teams to prepare briefing materials and setting up meetings. Document best practices and share with the team
- Coordinate the NPL forum, a group of the PVPS leaders on pipeline assets. Assure key issues are discussed and best practices are shared
- 30% Manage the CLC
- 20% Pipeline prioritization
- 25% Create and train organization on commercialization roadmap
- 25% Lead Portfolio Prioritization process for PVPS and Regions
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree (minimum); MBA or science-related graduate degree preferred
- 7+ years of pharmaceutical / biotech, new product planning, commercial marketing / sales and / or market insights experience that clearly demonstrates strategic thinking and deep analytics
- Proven ability to influence in cross-functional settings is a must. Must be a strong communicator, able to confidently present to top level executives within different functions of the organization
- Additional desired experience: new product planning, portfolio prioritization, market access and pricing, brand planning, KOL engagement, strategy consulting, market research
- Occasional international travel, up to 25% during peak periods
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0022740