Pharmacovigilance Medical Director
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Pharmacovigilance Medical DirectorApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an PV Medical Director in our Cambridge, MA office.
- Support developmental programs, including both early and late stage development as required
- Responsible for the oversight of signal detection and risk management activities for designated global/regional product(s), together with global safety lead responsibly as appropriate
- Supporting Therapeutic Lead
- Line management responsibilities for junior physicians and/or scientists
- Flexible to support compounds/initiatives outside of primary therapeutic area(s) as directed by business and departmental needs
- Expectation of GSL role for compound(s) both in development and marketed in close association with the TAL
- Company wide safety expert for his/her compound responsibilities
- Intimate knowledge of safety, including any emerging safety concerns and risk/benefit profile for ‘own’ compounds with input for other compounds as needed
- Serving in a leadership capacity for complex and strategically important programs
- Responsible for development of documents and for negotiation with Regulatory authorities on safety matters involving these compounds. This includes but is not limited to: direct interaction with Regulatory authorities, authorship of safety summaries to support changes to the PI/SmPC, significant contribution to MAAs and NDAs, authorship of Executive Summaries on special safety topics, authorship of Integrated Analyses of Safety (IAS) for CTDs etc
- Training and mentoring of Pharmacovigilance Physicians and Specialists
- Perform activities required to serve as Global PV physician:
- Review and oversight of safety data, both non-clinical and clinical
- Review and/or sign off of protocols, SAPs, clinical study reports, IBs, IMPD and other documents developed for submission to regulatory authorities
- Interactions with external experts and regulatory agencies and partner/co-development companies
- Review of safety data and participate in dose escalation decisions
- Authorship and sign off of Safety Monitoring Plan/Risk Management Plan
- Lead data analysis and writing of regulatory submission documents, for license application and variation activities and for safety issues and questions from regulators
- Direct the set up of safety procedures and development of safety exchange agreements for co-development projects
- Maintain professional knowledge and accreditation by active participation in continuing medical education activities
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Qualified physician (Licence, e.g. GMC registered, preferred)
- Knowledge of principles of epidemiology and statistics.
- Critical thinking and analytical skills and ability to make high level decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to present to large internal/external groups
- Good level of computer literacy with Microsoft applications
- Minimum of 8 years experience in pharmacovigilance, clinical research or clinical development
- 2-3 years clinical experience with patients following post-graduate training with significant knowledge of general medicine
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0022007