Operations Lead (Chief of Staff Corporate Communications)
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Operations Lead (Chief of Staff Corporate Communications)Apply Now
Operations Lead (Chief of Staff Corporate Communications)
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Operations Lead (Chief of Staff Corporate Communications) in our Lexington, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Operations Lead (Chief of Staff Corporate Communications) working on the USBU Communications team, you will be responsible for providing operations, finance, project management, and operational excellence leadership for the USBU Communications, and a typical day will include:
The Operations Lead is responsible for keeping the Head of Communications apprised of key initiatives, providing project oversight and management of cross functional and key initiatives, and ensuring appropriate coordination and management of budgets and integrated project plans.
- Translates strategies and key priorities to provide operational leadership as member of the CC team.
- Strategy development and oversight for Internal, External and Digital communication channels.
- Development of issues and crisis communications plans.
- Demonstrates collaborative leadership and influence necessary to ensure alignment among key stakeholders and smooth execution of project deliverables
- Reviews external trends and communicates to team
- Responsible for the connectively to Commercial functional experts (various channel advisory team)
- Responsible for the Digital space of Social Media
- Responsible for crisis management and business continuity.
- Manages issues and risks related to implementation of initiatives and strategies though meaningful metrics and summary reports.
- Develops budget with leaders. Works with finance partners and CC leaders to ensure budget is strategically utilized across Corporate Communications.
- Manages and oversees project management for function.
- Tracks project and initiative status and communicates to the Head of Corporate Communications.
- Responsible for Corporate Communication process development, implementation and SOPs
- Coordinates agendas, staff meetings, and development needs for the Corporate Communication team.
- Oversees management of key external vendor relationships
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree – BS/BA Majors in Journalism, Communications or public policy/public affairs preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience required at a corporation or consultancy with expertise in corporate, product, executive or international communications.
- 6 years’ experience project management and leadership experience
- Strategic business partner with the ability to translate business information into language that employees and customers can understand.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Strategic planning and results oriented execution needed.
- Demonstrated media presence and relationships
- Solid understanding of all communication channels (internal, external, and digital)
- Excellent communicator with strong presentation skills; demonstrated solid writing skills
- Expert project management skills
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to influence without authority
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise (Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Ability to present complex information clearly and with confidence
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distil complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Broad decision-making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterprise
- Accountable for decision making for Sales Operations
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for designing and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
Interaction (The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Foster solutions-oriented thinking by fostering a culture of performance, accountability, simplicity, empowerment, external orientation and curiosity.
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Effectively negotiates and collaborates with business partners and demonstrates the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions, including but not limited to Sales, Marketing, Managed Markets, Finance, IT, Procurement, HR, Legal/Compliance, Medical Affairs, Communications, Public Affairs, external vendors, and others.
Innovation (The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Ability to identify areas for process and systems innovation and implement change that will enhance the overall effectiveness of the team.
Complexity (Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Ability to work in a global and highly matrixed ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0015881