Recruitment Fraud Alert
Takeda has received reports that there are instances of identity thieves posing as Takeda employees in an attempt to steal personal information from job seekers. In these cases, identity thieves visit job-related websites and invite candidates to online chats. During the chat, they press job seekers to provide bank account information and personal identification numbers. If you receive unexpected offers of employment from people claiming to work for Takeda, we suggest you do not correspond with them, do not click any hyperlinks and do not open any attachments.
At Takeda, we will never ask for personal financial information during any step of the interview nor do we charge job seekers fees as part of the recruitment process. Takeda’s recruiting correspondence will be sent by a recruiting representative with an @takeda.com email address – not @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com or any other email domain service.
If you believe you have been contacted by an unauthorized person, please contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
Network Architect– US
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Network Architect for US.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Provide expertise for the Network Architecture function of the global Network Services team, working closely with the Network Architecture Lead and Regional Network Operations Leads to contribute to the network strategy, manage roadmaps for the region, and execute the implementation in conjunction with partners inside and outside Takeda using next-generation SASE network design principles.
- Participate in the rollout of Takeda’s next-generation network, including a consolidated, software-defined global WAN leveraging Cisco Viptela, a secure web gateway for end-users leveraging Zscaler, a seamless global wireless network, and an integrated solution for public cloud access, all proactively monitored using cutting-edge network management tools such as SolarWinds, Aternity, LiveNX, and NetBrain.
- Collaborate with a global team of network architects who interface with regional network leads, security architects, enterprise architects, data center and cloud architects, application owners, and external vendors.
- Contribute to the development of KPIs pertaining to availability, utilization, latency, and service-level agreements to the business.
- Work closely with security and risk teams to ensure Takeda employs security best practices, including logging, privileged user management
- In conjunction with other stakeholders, develop operational documentation and diagrams, design and build device configuration templates, automate device deployments and changes, and contribute to the overall stability and standardization of the network environment.
- Act as a global subject matter expert in network architecture with Cisco and Palo Alto solutions, including WAN, LAN, VoIP, wireless, security, and cloud, partnering with both business and IT functions to provide domain expertise and best practices that contribute to superior business outcomes.
- Participate in and help lead large-scale strategic initiatives, such as Cisco SD-WAN, Zscaler, and tool/automation implementation to advance the company’s overall network architecture and improve business outcomes.
- Contribute to projects consisting of analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise-class, next-generation systems, including the creation of maintenance and release strategies, that align with Takeda’s Cloud Right approach and aligning to global architecture strategies from the Offices of the CTO and CSO.
- Use strong interpersonal and technical skills to build effective professional working relationships with key stakeholders inside and outside of IT, partnering on solutions that align to Takeda’s overall business and IT strategies and provide an exceptional end-user experience.
- Act as the point of escalation in the incident and problem management processes, driving the network architecture team to create processes for continuous improvement in network design.
- Work with the Network Transformation Lead to identify, define, and implement service-level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs), including trend data, to that demonstrate the impact of network services on key aspects of the end-user experience, including availability, performance, security, operational response.
- Partner with key vendors responsible for monitoring and managing the operational environment, including participation in the incident, problem, configuration, change, and release management processes with demonstrable, metric-based continuous improvement.
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Strong customer service focus, coupled with a proven ability to positively interact with customers of all levels within the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, supported by excellent written and oral communication
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and technical leadership, with the ability to effectively multitask
- Direct a globally integrated team of network architects, to develop, deliver future state, agile, and next-generation architecture which meets or exceed established service levels with a focus on operational excellence and continual improvement.
- Promote business-focused, cost-effective solutions across network and telecommunications service offerings
- Communicate clearly and effectively in written and verbal formats with our business customers, suppliers, and partners
- Create documented strategies, diagrams, and operating procedures in alignment with Enterprise Architecture principles for implementation by the network engineering teams
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Experience with planning, building, and maintaining a global network architecture (WAN, LAN, VoIP, Collaboration, Security, and Wireless) with more than 50 sites, 10K nodes, and 70K users in a heterogeneous technology environment
- Experience with complex routing and switching topologies in a Cisco environment, including ASR, Catalyst, and Nexus (NX-OS) equipment, using features such as OTV, OSPF, BGP, and similar
- Experience with next-generation software-defined architectures (SDN/SD-WAN) such as Cisco Viptela
- Experience with next-generation security devices such as Palo Alto, as well as traditional firewalls from Cisco (ASA) and Checkpoint
- Experience with WAN acceleration technologies, such as Riverbed Steelhead
- Experience with network management and monitoring tools such as Cisco DNA, Cisco Prime, SolarWinds, NetBrain, LiveNX, Gigamon, Splunk, and Panorama
- Experience managing business and technology risk mitigation methodology
- Experience designing and implementing network architectures with long-term strategic goals and short-term tactical plans that are aligned with organizational goals and objectives
- Develop detailed plans to accommodate network growth, security, and enhancements by maximizing the functionality of network equipment. Ensure secure network architecture designs by adhering to information security standards. Provide technical leadership and direction to business leaders throughout the enterprise
- Proven ability to meet project commitments and operational SLAs, day-to-day priorities are managed, and expectations are clearly set with Network Services internal customers and external partners.
- Demonstrated ability to develop infrastructure lifecycle management strategies to manage performance, capacity, availability, reliability, and new service introduction of network infrastructure services.
- Demonstrated leadership and technical mastery across all aspects of the infrastructure portfolio listed
- Proven ability to partner with infrastructure, security, application, and business leaders to provide technology solutions that respond to rapid changes in the business and ensure the exceptional end-user experience
Decision-making and Autonomy
- This role will be responsible for strategic and tactical decisions with respect to Takeda’s network architecture services and be a key member of the Network Services leadership team with the ability to lead and tackle complex IT situations on behalf of the entire team
- Leverage independent judgment to determine optimal methods of task completion and work prioritization.
- Adherence to CTUX’ Policies, Processes, and Standards
- Authority to delegate tasks and responsibilities as it relates to network architecture plan and build
- Internal Partners:
- Within the CTUX Network Service Delivery team – working with peers to deliver reliable network services in the same and across regions in a seamless fashion.
- Within CTUX Network Architecture Teams – provide seamless collaboration between Network Architecture teams in ensuring solution design and delivery is alignment with defined standards:
- Bridge gap between SDM and Architecture teams for service delivery and transition
- Within CTUX EUS/Collaboration Teams: Collaborate with EUS teams for reliable delivery of voice/video applications
- Other Internal IT-Teams:
- ERP-Products Team
- Enterprise Management & Transformation Team
- External Partners: there are several external Partners providing Network Services to Takeda. This role will work with those partners on specific aspects of technology and process to deliver a superior end-user experience.
- Proven ability to rapidly develop high-quality proofs of concept that demonstrate technology leadership and advance the overall technology strategy.
- Proven ability to find new ways to become more efficient, provide faster response, and deliver solutions more consistently and predictably while at a lower cost
- Ability to work comfortably in a multi-cultural team environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a widely dispersed team (time zones/geographies).
- Creativity in addressing technical challenges in a highly regulated and complex environment.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience required, Master’s Degree preferred.
- Network certifications, such as CCIE, are preferred
- 8+ years’ experience as a network architect and a minimum of last 5 years supporting large scale enterprise networks
- Demonstrated network management, network architecture, and people management skills
- Strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills are required
- A collaborative mindset is an absolute must
- Position may be remote
Effective November 1, 2021, absent an approved religious or medical reason, all US office-based and lab-based Takeda employees who work fully on-site or in a hybrid model (as determined by Takeda) must be fully vaccinated to work at a Takeda site or to engage with Takeda colleagues or anyone else on behalf of Takeda. As of the same date, absent an approved religious or medical reason, US field-based employees, employees must be fully vaccinated in order to continue in their current roles. US employees who work at a Takeda manufacturing facility, and those who work at a BioLife center or BioLife lab, may be subject to different guidelines. Candidates are encouraged to speak with their recruiter to seek further information on the applicable guidelines for the Business Unit/Function for which they have applied.
This job posting excludes CO applicants
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.