Manager / Senior Financial Analyst - R&D Consolidation
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Manager / Senior Financial Analyst - R&D ConsolidationApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Manager/Senior Financial Analyst, R&D Finance in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Independently manages consolidation of financial planning, analysis and reporting activities for R&D. Serves as active member of R&D FP&A consolidation team and provides strategic thinking and consultation to support decision making. Identifies and implements continual process improvement across systems and deliverables.
- Accountable for managing R&D consolidation activities related to financial planning, analysis and reporting.
- Active member of R&D FP&A consolidation team supporting decision making with significance broadly for the R&D Finance team and other key stakeholders within R&D.
- Support the accounting team on monthly/quarterly closes, tasks including calculation of monthly accruals and preparation of journal entries, as needed.
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop proposals for capacity planning and resource allocation strategies and strategically relevant financial plan and forecast processes.
- Develop financial models and analytical tools to support R&D Finance objectives and projects.
- Drive the development and use of the financial planning system for assigned functions, as needed.
- Design and distribute monthly reporting packages summarizing functional area/ or project financial results.
- Performs ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of overall business experience, and/or
- Strong variance analysis, cost management and valuation experience
- Pharmaceutical-Biotech industry experience or acumen in core therapeutic areas
- Experience consulting with senior level stakeholders/clients;
- Advanced data visualization and presentation experience
- Analytical – Ability to analyze monthly financial results and ROI outputs and to understand how to use this information to drive projects that will impact the business
- Teamwork – ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment.
- Communication – Excellent oral, written, and presentation communications skills needed
- Management - Ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a changing environment, ability to be flexible, accommodating, and to deal with change effectively.
- Relationship Skill: Ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships
- Entrepreneurial: Ability and desire to take ownership of activities and projects, desire to shape the organization, consistent “out of the box” thinking
- Leadership: Ability to set priorities; develop workflow processes, and direct a team of colleagues with no official reporting relationship
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0021821