Manager, Project Team Effectiveness
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Manager, Project Team EffectivenessApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Manager, Project Team Effectiveness in our Cambridge Office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D- driven market leadership and being a values- led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
The Manager, Project Team Effectiveness is a manager level role supporting the alignment of Takeda’s Enterprise operating model and business process. Key success factors include: a passion for enabling cross-functional project teams to succeed, a curious, continuous improvement mindset, and a desire to support Takeda’s mission to impact the lives of patients across the globe.
- Drives and implements programs supporting the operational effectiveness of Takeda’s Global Program Teams (GPTs).
- Collaborates with stakeholders in Takeda GPTs, to support continuous improvement of Takeda’s Global Program Team-oriented Operating Model.
- Supports discrete elements of process improvement initiatives, for example: optimizing GPT budgeting guidance, team effectiveness tools [TAK20 Team Health Check], and integrated drug development frameworks [e.g. GPT Goal Setting, GPT-x, etc.].
- Partners with CoOP members and internal customers (i.e. Global Program Leaders, Global Program Managers, stakeholders, etc.) to strengthen and support operational frameworks.
- Utilizes strong communication skills and effective project management skills to strengthen broader Takeda process improvement goals, with a focus on GPT effectiveness.
- Maintains key documents regarding Takeda’s R&D operating model and supporting material, such as the R&D Playbook.
- Drives execution of team and operating model effectiveness assessments, inclusive of supporting data analysis and reporting.
- Serves as skilled facilitator, supporting GPTs as needed/requested in application of elements from the GPT operating model.
- Coordinates an enterprise meeting facilitation center of excellence, through activities including: developing high quality reference material and supporting digital environment.
- Manages collection and access to GPT shared learning documentation, making strong examples accessible to the broader GPT community.
- Prepares and delivers presentations with meaningful implications, actionable insights, and recommendations which clearly articulate rationale and impact
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Functional level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Demonstrates leadership presence and confidence
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Bachelors required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the biopharmaceutical or related health care industry.
- Minimum 3 years experience in process improvement, project management, business innovation / consulting or other relevant experiences.
- Experience interacting with different functions/divisions and regions within the biopharma industry.
- Experience working with multi-disciplinary groups to coordinate and deliver projects.
- Well-developed oral and written communication skills; ability to synthesize technical information within and across functional areas.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
Job ID R0023202