Manager, Operations and Project Management - GI DDUApply Now Job ID 1603122 Date posted12/21/2016 LocationBoston, Massachusetts, United States;
- Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategy and Operations, GI DDU, this person will be responsible for implementing best practice business initiatives to drive future growth and further enhance delivery via the innovative GI DDU hybrid (externalized and internal research) drug discovery model.
- Develop and maintain detailed cross-functional program plans, budgets and timelines that are integrated with stage-gate activities and executive reviews.
- Coordinate cross-functional meetings, create and distribute meeting agendas and minutes, drive completion of action items.
- Track progress against project plans and ensures project teams and other stakeholders have the tools necessary to deliver a timely implementation.
- Manage business operations for the GI DDU, partnering with internal and cross-functional resources within Finance, Legal, and other operations groups.
- In conjunction with the GI DDU Operations team, establish operations and project management best practices.
- The successful candidate will play a critical role in all aspects of GI DDU project related operations and management and will be key to overall DDU performance.
- Manages the GI DDU workflow, ensuring that deliverables are provided on schedule.
- Creates and distributes meeting agendas and minutes, drives completion of action items, and prepares program-related presentations and dashboards Acts as a key facilitator to initiate new internal GI-DDU projects from an operational and administrative perspective.
- Responsible for the direction, development and oversight of business specific contract and agreement execution. Will work closely with Legal, Business Development, IP, Strategic Outsourcing, other internal stakeholders as well as vendors.
- Liaise cross-functionally (Legal, Finance, Sourcing, HR, and across all scientific functions as necessary) to support execution of GI DDU programs and business: independently identify and resolve issues limiting scientific execution. Recommends modifications to processes to meet the evolving needs of the GI DDU.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCE AND SKILLS:
- The person in this role must be proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and should possess good interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels in the organization
- Has experience of working through virtual and/or matrix team models and demonstrated ability to act independently through complex cross-functional matrices and international sites.
- Accurate and precise communication skills are necessary with experience of international partnerships with multiple international contributors to individual projects
- Project management experience in biopharma/healthcare or healthcare related consulting required.
- Excellent general problem solving and project management skills and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and to simplify and organize complex tasks
- 3+ years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with a demonstrable broad understanding of drug discovery & development practices
- Bachelor’s in Science or Management related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required
• 10% (within US); Occasional international
we are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.