Lead Global Data Science Oncology & External Supply (Onc ES)
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Lead Global Data Science Oncology & External Supply (Onc ES)Apply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Lead Regional Data Science US & Japan in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
- Global Data Science Lead for the GMS Onc ES Operational Units (OPU):
- Drives design, execution und implementation of the overall GMS Data Science strategy for the GMS Onc ES OPU
- Develops and owns detailed GMS Onc ES OPU scale-up and delivery execution roadmap for data science and manages respective functional and cross-functional interdependencies
- Manages, gathers and executes GMS Onc ES OPU data science needs and execution of initiatives in collaboration with respective stakeholders and advises on the respective short and medium focus
- Ensures and establishes Data Science capabilities GMS Onc ES OPU by establishing expert Data Science capability on all levels of data analytics
- Provides the Data Science link across local, functional and global GMS OPU Data Science, IT, Engineering and GMS Onc ES OPU.
- GMS Onc ES OPU Data Science strategy implementation
- GMS Onc ES OPU detailed scale-up and delivery execution roadmap for data science:
Reviews data science possibilities/initiatives/requests in collaboration with IT and GMSGQ business stakeholders. Advises on the respective prioritization for short and medium focus.
- GMS Onc ES OPU data science capabilities:
Review and establishes internal and external data science ecapabilities within GMS Onc ES OPU. Ensures GMS Onc ES OPU data science capabilities are sufficient to defined data scientist profile. Conducts and participates in technical interviews for data science capabilities. Executes and drives the data science training for GMS Onc ES OPU in collaboration with GMSCI Data Science Training excellence.
- GMS Onc ES OPU data science initiatives portfolio
- GMS Onc ES OPU functional and cross-functional interdependencies for data science
- Ensures GMS Onc ES OPU representation in GMSGQ data science community.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
Education / Experience:
- University degree of science/business:
Advanced degree is required (Master/MBA and/or PhD), e.g. in Engineering , Mathematics, IT or Physics with focus on either Control Theory/Statistics/Mechatronics, Information/Operation, Management/Strategy, Technology and Innovation Management
- Experience in applying and executing Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine Learning, Machine Learning algorithms, Respective programming knowledge
- Fluent in English
Digital & Data Science Skills:
- Strong expertise and experience in Digital/Big Data Analytics/ Artificial Intelligence/Machine
- Experience in Machine Learning algorithms (CNN, SVM, LSTM, etc.),
- Respective programming knowledge of either MATLAB/Python/R required, further skills such as C++, SQL etc. are advantageous
- Experience in quality mapping of parameters is a plus
- Prior experience of Biostatistics, stochastic modelling and decision trees is a strong asset
- Strong knowledge of Statistical Process Control Expertise in Bayesian statistics:
- Experience in Density estimation
- Solid knowledge in Bayesian Hypothesis Testing,
- Solid knowledge in ANOVA and forecasting techniques (ARIMA, RMA, NARX)
- Expertise in Signal Processing, Control Systems, Mechatronics
- Willingness to travel to various internal/external Takeda meetings and events:
International travel will be required (estimated 1 travel per 4-6 weeks for 1 week each)
- Strategic enterprise thinking, finding innovative ways to serve patients build reputation and trust
- Creating the environment that inspires and enables people
- Focuing on the few priorities and provide superior results
- Elevating capabilities for now and the future
Job ID R0023356