Lead EHS Business Partner
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Lead EHS Business PartnerApply Now
OBJECTIVES/PURPOSE (3-4 bullets)
- Provide leadership as an EHS leader for the Takeda Boston campus and assigned building or operation. Influence and direct employees at all levels of the organization to achieve a solid culture of environmental stewardship and safety in a fast-paced research and development environment.
- Manages and provide technical guidance for all assigned EHS programs. Stays up to date on all regulatory changes. Ensures all changes to existing programs are properly managed and communicated throughout the Plant.
- Ensures all assigned programs meet all regulatory and Company requirements.
- Assigned responsibility for specific elements of ISO 14001 and/or ISO 45001 standard. Ensures all assigned management system requirements are followed and processes are in place to ensure the continued certification of the Site.
- Provide leadership as an EHS leader for the Site and assigned building or operation. Influence and direct employees at all levels of the organization to achieve a solid culture of environmental stewardship and safety in a fast-paced research and development environment.
- Manages and provide technical guidance for all assigned EHS programs. Stays up to date on all regulatory changes. Ensures all changes to existing programs are properly managed and communicated throughout the campus and assigned operation.
- Provide strong analytic and problem-solving skills to manage and effectively lead a wide variety of EHS impacts and incidents.
- Drives continuous improvement for all assigned programs and assesses new projects / processes for impact on the environment and/or health and safety of the employees.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with all facility environmental health and safety permits as required by law, regulation and company policy.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Must be a personable, independent and innovative self-starter and have very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet requirements and deadlines, and execute tasks strategically in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to manage multiple, often concurrent projects, track action items and progress and drive accountability.
- Must have the following personal attributes: integrity and trust, strong work ethic, sound judgment, intellectual honesty, pragmatism, courage and conviction, and personal accountability for results.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Visio, Access, PowerPoint, Project, SharePoint etc)
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills are essential.
- Must have the ability to efficiently and effectively interact with, lead, participate and facilitate multi-functional teams, as well as outside consultants.
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Builds relationships. Initiates and cultivates open, honest relationships with colleagues, customers, contractors, and vendors by establishing rapport, developing an understanding of others’ needs, promoting common goals, and following through on commitments.
- Partner with internal colleagues within other departments
- Interact and develop positive working relationships during inspections and audits.
Ability to integarate continuous improvement tools and metholodgy into existing EHS programs.
- Ability to identify resources;
- Ability to take initiative and lead others;
- Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Typically requires a bachelors' degree, preferably in occupational health and safety, sciences, engineering or related field. 6+ years of related experience with 1+ years as a supervisor.
- B.S. in Environmental, Health or Safety or a related field.
- Experience as Bio-Safety officer and Radiation safety Officer
- CIH and/or CSP qualifications are highly desirable
- Management systems experience
- Experience working in Pharmaceutical Research and Development.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry up to 50 lbs.
- In general, the position requires a combination of sedentary work and walking around observing conditions in the facility
- When at R&D facility, must be able to work in controlled environments requiring special gowning. Will be required to follow gowning requirements and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body.
- Flexibility to engage in work activities outside of the normal 8-hour workday.
- Travel: up to approximately 10% annually
Job ID R0013217