Lead, Digital Communications
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Lead, Digital CommunicationsApply Now
Lead, Digital Communications
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Lead, Digital Communications in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Lead, Digital Communications working on the Digital Communications team, you will be empowered to develop and manage website and social media channels working with the Head of Digital Communications in Global External Communications, and a typical day will include:
- He/she will be responsible for managing diverse content assets, including video, for the global and/or US website.
- He/she should have outstanding digital media skills with an entrepreneurial mindset and a track record of excellence in content creation and social media management e.g. Twitter, You-Tube etc.
- He/she will promote social media best practices to internal stakeholders via Yammer groups / webinar sessions and lead the development of policies and guidance as new channels are established e.g. Instagram, You-Tube etc.
- Operating as a trusted, digital-savvy communications partner within the company, he/she will contribute to grow Takeda’s reputation externally targeting mainly the US time zone.
- He/she will develop and implement external-facing digital communications strategies working closely with media relations/branding/global health as well as US external communications.
Digital Communications Strategy and Planning
- Drive the execution of digital communications strategy, aligned with company vision, mission, and strategy as well as HQ corporate culture and values.
- Develop the content strategy for US website and lead on engagement via social media channels.
- Manage contractors and agencies, to ensure consistent corporate image and messaging.
- Closely work with Media Relations/Branding/Global Health teams to execute on integrated communications strategy.
- Ensure a high-quality performance, notably the quality of content, look & feel and user journey of our corporate SNS channels.
- Report metrics and ensure appropriate analytics are embedded on the website to measure campaign effectiveness, user journeys and overall performance of our online ecosystem.
- Monitor best practices and innovations to ensure that our digital ecosystem is state-of the art.
Stakeholder Relations and Digital Governance/Crisis Management
- Represent digital corporate communications in the US, working with colleagues and other appropriate communication teams in other business/corporate functions.
- Ensure key messages are consistently aligned with corporate narrative by proactively engaging colleagues to have one voice in Takeda's digital channels.
- Proactive and responsive management of crises in digital field to mitigate risks.
- Establish guidelines, policies and processes as well as education program aligned with the relevant industry regulations.
- Prepare and write communications materials on digital strategies as required to support digital communications work program.
- Help identify digital opportunities to profile the company and our CEO and Takeda Executive Team (TET) Members.
- Support crisis management activities by Crisis Management leaders; support related external communications
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Minimum of 5+ years' experience in corporate/digital/ social media communications.
- Experience in analyzing and reporting on web traffic, analytics and engagement to include the tracking of conversion rates.
- Healthcare industry experience, preferably in a pharmaceutical company.
- Bachelor's degree; concentration in communication, journalism, political science, marketing or business is preferred.
- Experience managing operational systems, policies and procedures in a global, matrixed environment such as Fortune 500 Company is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in crafting social media communications strategies at a country and global scale.
- Strong technical expertise in digital communications and SNS technologies, including platform administration and analytics.
- Knowledge and experience of social media landscape within the US.
- Design communications skills to produce engaging content for online audiences including a high standard of copy-editing ability in English.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to engage with external stakeholders and internal colleagues.
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise(Breadth and depth of knowledge, application and complexity of technical knowledge)
- Work closely with strategic business partners to enable business objectives.
- Lead and direct large, complex initiatives across the organization.
- Experience managing external PR agencies in alignment with communication strategy
Leadership (Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Excellent project management and process orientation nature are required.
- Proven successful record of experiences at working in multi-cultural, multinational organizations.
- A strong intellect, combined with analytical and well developed strategic capabilities.
- Ability to understand the vision and values of the organization and align communications to these.
- Be inclusive, treats others with respect and dignity and who willingly shares knowledge
- Ability to work with and influence all levels of management and employees, including aptitude for interacting with diverse community members
Decision-making and Autonomy (The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Excel at complex problem solving and decision-making at matrix organization.
- Ability to work effectively in an agile environment and under pressure.
- Take risks for company's goal
- Experience in a complex/matrix global organization that has a high profile and multiple stakeholders is desirable.
- Able to adjust approach dynamically within the context of evolving local and global market environment to do the right decision making in an agile way.
Interaction(The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include oral and written communication. Strong presentation skills to communicate and persuade a wide range of audiences with different cultural settings/context.
- Exceptional presentation, oral and written communication abilities in English.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to enable effective negotiations across the globe.
- Possess diplomatic skills, working in a complex, diversified and global environment.
- Highly organized assertive and self-directed business style, with strong ability to prioritize without constant recourse to his/her superiors and take necessary risks.
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Thrive in experiments with a range of integrated communications approaches and styles.
- Partner and collaborate closely with management team colleagues in HQ and globally to deliver best-in-class, state-of-the art communication strategies.
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Ability to understand the different mindsets of diverse stakeholders in multi-cultural environment and translate that insights into meaningful information and direction to colleagues.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0013116