In Vivo Scientist - Cell Therapies
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
In Vivo Scientist - Cell TherapiesApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a In Vivo Scientist - Cell Therapies in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an In Vivo Scientist - Cell Therapies working on the Cell Therapy team, you will be empowered to assist in the development of cellular therapy products and work on cross-functional teams.
This Scientist position will play an important role in developing in vivo analytical methods for developing cellular therapy products. Independently, or with minimal supervision, plans and executes in vivo model development and efficacy studies. Prepares study protocols, reports, technology transfer documentation, and regulatory documents for clinical trials. Presents study results at team or department meetings, to external partners or at conferences.
- Design and execute in vivo studies to explore product efficacy
- Perform in vivo procedures, including multiple routes administration of therapeutics
- Develop and conduct assays that support in vivo studies (e.g. FACS, ELISA/Ella) for the quantitative analysis of biomarkers
- Responsible for data entry and data analysis in a timely manner
- Prepare clearly experimental reports, protocols and data presentations
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Owns responsibility for technical aspects of a project
- Contributes significantly to work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Designs experiments/unit operations independently including follow up experiments as necessary.
- Assists with the development of project strategy and communicates complex data/decisions within department and cross functionally as necessary
- Supports local initiatives as directed by supervisor and participates in global CMC or functional initiatives as appropriate.
- Serves as a technical resource for junior staff and leverages expertise in laboratory technology as a functional resource/trainer.
- Coordinates within departmental as well as cross functionally with peers on project work
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 10+ years relevant industry experience in a lab setting working with animals
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 8+ years relevant industry experience in a lab setting working with animals
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, chemical or biomedical engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ years relevant industry experience in a lab setting working with animals
Knowledge and Skills:
- In vivo proficiency with rodents, including animal handling, multiple routes of dose administration, blood collection, dissection techniques, and necropsies.
- Familiarity with in vivo efficacy assays for product evaluations.
- Knowledge in immunology and/or immune oncology. Understanding of cell and gene therapies is strongly preferred.
- Experience in tumor cell and primary T cell/NK cell handling, including cell isolation, culture, expansion and banking.
- Experiences in cellular characterization assays, including flow cytometry-based, ELISA, and other cell-based assays.
- Experience in lab management is a big plus.
- Teamwork – Ability to work well in a highly cross-functional team environment
- Communication - Able to expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within team; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues ; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor; technical writing skills to support contributing to internal technical documents
- Organization – Exercises good time management and prioritization skills and is able to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- May require approximately 5-10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0022327