Human Resources Partner, Vaccines Business Unit
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Human Resources Partner, Vaccines Business UnitApply Now
Human Resources Partner, Vaccines Business Unit
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us a Human Resources Partner for Takeda’s Vaccines Business Unit based in our Cambridge, MA office!
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an HR Partner, you will be responsible for engaging with employees and managers to implement and support tools, processes and programs designed to help the VBU function deliver on our annual pipeline, operational and people & culture objectives. Key focus areas include employee experience, employee relations, learning and talent development, performance lifecycle, total rewards, communications and change management for your assigned groups.
In addition, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with embedded thought leaders (i.e. Leadership & Development, People, Engagement & Culture, Talent Acquisition) to broaden your skills and deliver strategic initiatives designed to transform the organizational culture across the function.
The VBU HR Partner will support US-based employees and managers, performing, guiding and advising on Takeda’s HR-strategy and HR-related operations for assigned groups. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborates with HR Business Leaders to assist in implementing the human resources strategy across the organization.
- Models, and reinforces, Takeda’s culture by ensuring that HR practices are aligned with organizational objectives.
- Support and advise managers and employees with annual HR-processes including goal setting, performance reviews, talent review and performance & reward calibration. Conduct any follow-up actions resulting from annual processes.
- Respond to needs escalated from the Takeda Business Services (TBS) Group’s self-service system. Identify solutions and answer questions/resolve issues quickly.
- Provides counsel to management and employees on employee relations issues. Assesses employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, and work/performance issues, complaints while ensuring legal compliance, leveraging employee abilities and managing risk and escalates to Employee Relations group when necessary. Follows guidance from Employee Relations group and implements actions.
- In partnership with Compensation, proposes solutions to address compensation concerns. Manages compensation process for functional groups to include equity assessment, job description creation/updates/analysis and salary administration.
- Partners with Talent Acquisition to ensure recruiting and hiring strategies are developed and executed for functional groups. Ensures consistent communication and implementation of HR-best practices across assigned functional groups.
- Leverages organizational toolkits and communication channels to promote awareness, facilitate discussions provide training and OD interventions to managers and employees on topics such as new HR initiatives, professional development, career pathing, Inclusion, Diversity & Equity, etc. as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews, analyze trends in turnover, hiring, promotions, separations and grievances to determine support or action needed to adjust unfavorable trends; provide reporting and analysis on turnover trends. Proactively identify organizational needs and develops and implements appropriate approaches, processes and tools.
- Works with internal partners such as Global Mobility, Legal, Security, Compliance, and other HR departments to resolve employee issues as appropriate.
- Collaborate with embedded thought leaders on the delivery of assigned projects and tasks.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5+ years human resources generalist experience
- Computer skills in MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) and HRIS platforms (i.e. WorkDay)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, prioritize, manage deadlines, results-oriented
- Customer-focused, team player
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to troubleshoot
- Approaches new situations with a growth mindset and applies learnings to future situations
- Working knowledge of team collaboration tools (i.e. SharePoint)
- Demonstrated project and/or program management skills
- Experience communicating expectations/feedback in group and individual settings
- Degree in Human Resources, PHR, SPHR or relevant human resources certifications
TRAVEL and Additional REQUIREMENTS:
- Willingness to travel to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0022925