Head, US Oncology Medical Science Liaisons
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Head, US Oncology Medical Science LiaisonsApply Now
Develop, lead and drive the implementation of the strategic vision and direction for field teams in USMAO to ensure alignment of the US oncology product and pipeline portfolio across diverse sets of external stakeholders.
- Oversee team operational activities including personnel, financial resources, and training requirements.
- Lead, manage, coach and develop therapeutic area field leadership team including Medical Science Liaison (MSL) Directors and MSLs.
- Engage internal leaders across Takeda and external stakeholders to ensure that field medical is addressing the pressing needs of the healthcare community through continuous innovation while maintaining the highest compliance standards.
- Drive execution of annual strategic plans and associated budgets related to field medical teams. This includes setting thought leader strategies for the MSLs.
- Oversee operations for assigned field teams including personnel and financial resources.
- Partner with the Operations & MSL Excellence Lead and Global Medical Affairs Oncology (GMAO) to develop training requirements necessary to fulfill field medical activities
- Direct management of assigned field regional MSL directors and their teams. This includes performance management, coaching and development of all field USMAO staff.
- Ensure all field medical activities are consistent with and aligned to the priorities of the US Oncology Business Unit (US OBU). Field medical activities include engagement with external stakeholders, such as therapeutic area thought leaders, scientists, researchers and decision makers within integrated delivery health systems and payer groups; serve as a resource for scientific training, speaker training, Advisory Boards and coverage of scientific meetings.
- Develop mutually collaborative partnerships with therapeutic area internal stakeholder groups such as Sales, Patient Value & Access, Patient Advocacy & Engagement, Integrated Franchise Teams and R&D.
- Set high ethical standards and ensures implementation and complete adherence to Field USMAO policies, standard operating procedures (SOPs) and compliance guidelines. Escalate issues in a timely manner and take appropriate corrective actions.
- Implement strategies to build team capabilities in anticipation of and in response to the evolving internal and external environment. This includes leading external assessment initiatives that lead to a better understanding of the needs of external stakeholders.
- Create communication channels with internal stakeholders to ensure field medical insights of strategic importance to the organization are delivered in a consistent, actionable and timely manner.
- Lead and encourage innovative approaches in field medical by staying abreast of industry benchmarks and evolving field models.
- Attract, hire, develop and retain top field medical talent.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Advanced degree in a health sciences or related field, such as a PharmD, MS, NP, MD or Ph.D., with a thorough grasp of the pharmaceutical industry
- 10 years of healthcare or related experience (such as managed markets, clinical practice, research and/or academic) following award of an advanced degree, which must include at least 5 years of experience in field medica
- Demonstrated managerial experience of individuals with an advanced scientific degree in the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven track record of strong strategic leadership, teamwork, innovation, project management and demonstrated ability to manage, lead and mentor individuals
- Demonstrated understanding of legal and regulatory guidelines of pharmaceutical industry
- Confident, possesses a strong work ethic, is and continually focused on improvement, innovation, and bottom-line results.
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings/client sites.
- Overnight travel (40-60%), including some weekend commitments.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Houston, TX
Job ID R0019110