Head Pt Recruitment & Retentions
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Head Pt Recruitment & RetentionsApply Now
Job/Position: Head, Sr. Director, Patient Recruitment and Retention
- Oversee and ensure the quality of existing patient engagement and recruitment services to enable study teams to plan, forecast, and deliver on patient enrollment goals; and to imagine and bring forth innovative processes, methodologies, data and technologies that will ensure ongoing delivery of valued Patient Recruitment and Retentions services
- Leads innovative study specific patient recruitment and retention strategies.
- Drives extensively outsources model utilizing strategic partnerships, healthcare data, new technologies with specific focus on rare disease and highly competitive Therapeutic Areas.
- Provide guidance and oversight to Patient Recruitment and Engagement team, delivering activities in support of Clinical Programs, including decision support data and methodologies for enrollment cycle time planning, protocol feasibility, site identification/selection, and recruitment planning and modeling; as well as selection of management of central recruitment support vendors.
- Systematically evaluate and communicate financial impacts of specialist vendors (recruitment and retention) and recruitment strategies to key stakeholders.
- Maintain and grow a wide industry network to support the efforts of Takeda’s clinical operations to reach enrollment goals.
- Educate clinical operations staff regarding trial optimization principles to ensure effective application and broader expertise.
- Empowers and supports members of team to deliver on project specific solutions, perform continuous improvement and removes barriers to success
- Liase with various Takeda owners of advocacy group relationships to support collaborative activities that drive patient engagement with our clinical research.
- Explore, establish and improve upon new or existing ways to collaborate with Global Medical Affairs to drive high level of awareness of Takeda clinical research among physicians and patients.
- Lead the vision of “next practices” in patient engagement to maximize efficiency, effectiveness, and patient centricity in Takeda’s operational execution of clinical research.
- Conceive or seek new, more effective version of existing services or deliverables that support clinical project teams.
- Design and oversee deliver of quality pilots, analyses of value add, and business case developmtn of innovation for broader adoption
- Liase and collaborate with non- R+D functions to drive holistic patient centric approach to Takeda’s interface with external stakeholders as it pertains to achievement of R+D goals
- Maintain and grow a wide industry network to influence the will to support or align with Takeda’s innovation int his arena.
- Stay abreast of relevant industry and consumer changes
- Ensure a model for staff to apply lessons learned on current best practices
- Partner with key stakeholders to develop a vision of social media and mobile engagement for patient engagement in clinical research including
- Protocols (I/E criteria, burden, etc)
- End points
- Site location
- Design social platform for enrolled patients to connect while participating trials in a manner that protects patient safety and scientific integrity
CORE ELEMENTS RELATED TO THIS ROLE
- Oversee and ensure the quality of existing patient engagement and recruitment services to enable study teams to plan, forecast, and deliver on patient enrollment goals; and to imagine and bring forth innovative processes, methodologies, data and technologies that will ensure ongoing delivery of valued Patient Recruitment and Retentions services in support of achievement of R+D goals.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and Clinical Development Operations and Support
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Functional level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Demonstrates leadership presence and confidence
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Builds teams across functions and geographies with individuals who have the right skills and experience to deliver on key organizational initiatives.
- Invests time in helping others to enhance their skills and perform at a higher level
Decision-making and Autonomy
- Decision making responsibilities:
- Provide input to highly complex decisions that impact the functional area
- Accountable for decision making for designated function
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are implemented swiftly to yield flawless execution
- Accountable for providing input to and implementing vision and strategy for designated scope
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Cultivates a broad network of relationships throughout Takeda, with affiliates and external partners, in the industry and area of expertise.
- Effectively represents function in negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively with other interfacing Takeda functions
- Forward thinking with the ability to recommend, influence and implement organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
- Identifies opportunities and anticipates changes in the business landscape through an understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment affecting the business.
- Role models respect and inclusion, creating a culture that fosters innovation
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
- Deep expertise required
- Ability to see and understand broader, enterprise level perspective
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS degree required, advanced degree preferred
- Extensive experience in patient recruitment, engagement and trial optimization (greater than 7 yrs) with evidence of increasing responsibility within a pharmaceutical company, CRO or other relevant vendor required.
- Expertise with leading edge trial optimization vendors, tolls an methods
- Proficiency with software models and database structures.
- Expertise in principles driving recruitment and retention strategies as well as country/site identification and/or generation of materials and trial metrics
- Ability to account for macro and micro economic forces affecting clinical research and healthcare and the relevant organizations.
- Direct experience in the pharmaceutical industry or related field required
- Previous experience leading a medium to large organization and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders is a plus
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary globally dispersed teams. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
Job ID R0020972