Head of Policy & Industry Shaping
Boston, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Head of Policy & Industry ShapingApply Now
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by partnering closely with the business to help create, support and enable an embedded ethics and compliance framework. We do this by
- Ensuring that the Takeda values are at the core of business conduct and underpin individual behaviours and decisions to effectively manage corporate risks
- Being a forward-thinking function that anticipates the impact of changing regulations and public debate on topics of ethics
- Taking a modern approach to the E&C operating model by establishing and maintaining a functional structure and agile framework, supporting the achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025 and the E&C strategy.
- Oversee the global E&C policy framework including relevant supporting documents and tools for policy operationalization
- Internal advisory support on policy interpretation and SOP template implementation
- Tracking of changes to relevant laws and regulations (US FCPA, UKBA and others) and extenal policies and triggering of appropriate updates/changes to internal policy documents
- Develop an industry shaping strategy for Takeda pertaining to E&C matters and holitic approach for GEC teams to enhance impact and interactions with industry bodies (IFPMA, EFPIA, ABPI, etc.) and Governmental / Non-govermental organisations (e.g. APEC, WHO, EU, OECD, etc.) in order to position Takeda as industry leader from an Ethics, Compliance and Values perspective
- Support Takeda Ethics Advisory Committees (TEAC) and the Technology Ethics Team in their efforts to produce position papers
- Shows a clear ability to keep on top of external changes to laws, regulations and policies and adapt the corporate policy framework accordingly
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management / engagement across Legal, Internal Communications and the BU / BF / LOC teams
- Demonstrates ability to deliver results in a global matrix organization
- Effectively works in a cross-functional capacity and across numerous stakeholder groups to drive continuous improvement to the internal E&C policy framework in line with business requirements
- Shows high degree of curiosity and creativity in dealing with situations and topics
- Experience in leading change management efforts in global and complex organizations
- Pro-actively engages with external networks to help shape industry standards on matters of ethics and compliance
- Communicates effectively with senior leaders such as GECLT, TET and with external stakeholder groups such as industry groups and authorities
- 10-12 years experience in relevant compliance, legal or regulatory environment
- Experience of designing and managing company policy governance framework on Ethics and Compliance
- Proven experience of US legal and regulatory governance, reporting and policy requirements
- Minimum of 5 years in a compliance role of a US listed Pharma company
- Well developed management skills and experience in managing teams
- Strong program management and stakeholder management skills
- Successfully led a number of complex programs or projects within a corporate environment and at a global level
Job ID R0020538