Head of Oncology Translational Genomics
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Head of Oncology Translational GenomicsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Head of Oncology Translational Genomics in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Scientific leader with deep subject-matter expertise in computational biology, experience leading computational biology teams, and track record of building and implementing overall omic strategy. Leads a team of computational biologists and contributes to our mission of fostering excellence and innovation in analysis/visualization/interpretation of Omics data to support pipeline advancement and overall strategy.
Build and support the overall omics strategy within the oncology drug discovery unit and drives cross-functional alignment to maximize synergies between the different computational teams within the organization and with outside collaborators.
- Leads a team of computational biologists, fosters innovation through external/internal collaboration, builds infrastructure and cultivates a culture of excellence and empowerment within the team.
- Acts as internal key opinion leader for his/her area of technical expertise and serving in a development capacity for junior team members.
- Builds and implements a strategic roadmap to support the team in fostering excellence and innovation in analysis/visualization/interpretation of Omics data to support pipeline advancement and overall strategy
- Supports and identifies business development opportunities to enhance functional capability expansion with clear application to specific portfolio needs.
- Establishes a strong external reputation, through scientific publications and presentations. Promotes continual development of scientific expertise, particularly through external interactions, linked to specific deliverables.
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Outstanding expertise in computational biology demonstrated with a good level of publication record and with hands-on experience with analysis of genomics datasets.
- Outstanding expertise and experience within drug discovery and development and comprehensive knowledge of Immuno-Oncology research.
- Deep theoretical, statistical, and practical understanding and experience with the analysis of genomics datasets.
- The ideal candidate would have experience with genome scale or big data analysis derived from Next Generation Sequencing (such as Exome, RNA, Epigenetics, Single Cell and synthetic lethal screens, …), data mining and analysis techniques (such as machine learning, text mining, systems biology, …), and programming (R, SQL, Perl, Python, …).
- The ideal candidate would have a track record of using preclinically derived translational hypotheses to influence clinical trial strategy.
- Proven team leadership experience and the ability to lead, coach and mentor in a matrixed organization.
- Experience with fostering collaboration across computational teams within the organization and accross multidisciplinary teams.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- PhD degree in a scientific discipline with 12+ years experience , or
- MS with 16+ years experience, or
- BS with 18+ years experience
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0022903