Head of Ethics and Compliance Learning & Engagement
Boston, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Head of Ethics and Compliance Learning & EngagementApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career?
If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us!
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by ensuring
- Ethical behaviour plays a fundamental role in risk mitigation
- Being a forward-thinking leader in risk identification and mitigation
- Building a modern function supporting achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs, it is close to the market, and encourages ethical behaviour in line with Takeda’s values. By working in an agile manner E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage our risks.
E&C commits to
- Act as role model for Takeda's values, ethics and values-based decision making, fostering this mindset in clients, partners and team
- Enable the organization to take decisions which are ethical and in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
- Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in BU / BF to embed ethics and compliance as part of the way everyone works at Takeda
- Creating and implementing cross-functional, values-based E&C programs that enhance Takeda’s corporate culture
- Lead the development of an E&C culture and learning program content and initiatives based on the requirements of the business, applying latest thinking in learning to ensure efficiency and effectiveness
- Monitor and identify operational changes required that allow the desired behaviours to thrive and support business performance moving forward
- Define and own the strategic direction of the Ethics & Compliance learning proposition including establishing an E&C learning strategy, training methodology and impact assessment aligned with the company’s learning approach
- Using external and internal insight to shape the strategic intent and vision for the learning proposition and continually seek ways to improve value and the learner experience
- Develop the architecture of how to curate, store and organise the E&C core curricula for key job families
- Identify training and learning opportunities and development needs across the E&C organization and develop the capability framework structure
- Own all methodologies, learning frameworks and approaches for the E&C learning curricula and develop a process for how to continually review, curate, update and measure it
- Support the E&C community on matters of training methodology and sharing of tools and best practices
- Define the employee experience that will enable employees to access E&C learning within the flow of their job
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management / engagement across HR, Internal Communications and the BU / BF teams
- Demonstrates ability to deliver results in a global matrix organization
- Collaborates effectively across multiple business functions including partnering with Human Resources to deliver an aligned quality product to employees
- Shows high degree of curiosity and creativity in dealing with situations and topics
- Experience in leading change management efforts in global and complex organizations
- Works with a varied set of tools and channels (e-learn, workshops, group case studies, communication campaigns, role plays) to drive desired behaviors in a values-based culture
- 12+ years of relevant experience in culture, learning and development programs
- Has a background in behavioral science including having implemented solutions building on this in corporate environments
- Preferably has experience in design thinking and can apply to support problem solving and development of learning solutions
- Demonstrated experience of creating and designing learning strategy and methodology for a corporate environment, based on culture and values with a measurable impact
- Successfully led a number of complex programs or projects within a corporate environment and at a global level
- Communicates effectively with a range of audiences and networks effectively at a senior level
- Strong program management and stakeholder management skills
- Understanding of learning technologies including e-learning and virtual learning techniques
- Well developed management skills and experience in managing teams
Job ID R0015932