Head, Knowledge Management Services
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Head, Knowledge Management ServicesApply Now
- Implementation of a global knowledge management and dissemination strategy in partnership with key stakeholders.
- Development and implementation of the strategic direction and road-map for delivering digital assets and bibliographic services enterprise wide including alignment of talent and skills across departments.
- Ownership of policies and procedures for collection management, electronic services, user access, and other functions within the technical team, with the support of information technology colleagues
- Establish and own the strategic direction for the knowledge management organization including identification of organizational needs, definition of strategic priorities and tactics required to meet these needs.
- Analyzes the effectiveness of current processes, and develops strategies to simplify, enhance and automate
- Evaluates, selects, and maintains the integrated library system including setting data quality standards and creating reports as needed for management of the library. Manages software updates in keeping with company needs
- Builds outreach programs across the Takeda enterprise including business units, countries, and colleagues
- Directs, monitors, and evaluates the strategic deployment of knowledge management program including documenting change impacts and defining mitigation approaches leveraging various communication channels.
- Works with library and knowledge management teams to integrate change management activities into project plans.
- Manages team members including defining annual goals and targets in alignment with company and department goals, planning and delegation of projects; and supporting professional development and continuing education for for all team members.
- Drives program activities for business processes, technology and people-related changes. Focus on increasing employee and organization adoption to ensure program business objectives are achieved while minimizing organization impacts and disruption
- Innovates approaches in knowledge management across communities of practice, business units, and networks and maintain awareness of emerging research in the field of knowledge management
- Oversees system development proposals and other planning documents for development of internal knowledge management systems
- Motivates and mentor knowledge management leaders to build junior staff capability, both on-the-job and through specific training initiatives
DIMENSIONS AND ASPECTS
Technical/Functional (Line) Expertise
- Comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and demonstrated knowledge of data science and R&D technology landscape
- Expert knowledge of standards, procedures and practices used for information and content life cycle management
- Extensive experience with digital asset and learning content management processes, systems and platforms.
Leadership(Vision, strategy and business alignment, people management, communication, influencing others, managing change)
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Enterprise level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company, demonstrating humility and resiliency
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Executive leadership presence and confidence
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
Decision-making and Autonomy(The capacity and authority to make organizational decisions, autonomy in decision-making, complexity of decisions, impact of decisions, problem-solving)
- Broad decision making responsibilities:
- Ability to make highly complex decisions that impact the enterprise
- Ability to seek diverse input from multiple constituents and stakeholders to drive innovative solutions
- Ability to incorporate feedback and ensure decisions are made swiftly to yield flawless execution
Interaction(The span and nature of one’s engagement with others when performing one’s job, internal and external relationships)
- Effectively navigates the changing external and internal environment and leads others through change by creating and inspiring and engaging workplace
- Ability to effectively implement R&D’s partnership strategy
- Effectively represent Takeda in High-level negotiations with the ability to resolve conflict in a constructive manner
- Ability to build strong partnerships and drive role clarity with other interfacing Takeda functions
Innovation(The required level of scientific knowledge, knowledge sharing, innovation and risk taking)
- Visionary and forward thinking with the ability to influence and effectively drive organizational change and continuous innovation
- Comfortable challenging the status quo and bringing forward innovative solutions
- Ability to take risks implementing innovative solutions, accelerating time to market
Complexity(Products managed, mix of businesses, internal and/or external business environment, cultural considerations)
- Ability to work in a global ecosystem (internal and external) with a high degree of complexity
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- 15+ years in knowledge management, information architecture or content management and curation.
- Master’s degree in a related field of study such as library science, information science or information management.
- Demonstrates user centricity in designing and developing content management and access strategies.
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables
- Operational experience in pharmaceutical drug development with significant direct exposure to knowledge management systems and technology
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
- Proven experience leading the design and implementation of knowledge management systems and processes
Job ID R0016779