Head, Enterprise Risk Management
Boston, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
Head, Enterprise Risk ManagementApply Now
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do.
We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and support your career?
If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us!
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by partnering closely with the business stakeholders to help create, support and enable an embedded ethics and compliance framework. We do this by
- Ensuring that our valuesare at the core of business conduct och underpin individual behaviours and decisions to effectively manage corporate risks
- Being a forward-thinking leader who anticipates the impact that changing regulations and public debate on topics of ethics will have on the business
- Taking a modern approach to the E&C operating model by establishing and maintaining a functional structure and agile framework, supporting the achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025 and the E&C strategy.
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs, it is close to the market, and encourages and help enable ethical behaviour in line with Takeda’s values. By working in an agile manner E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks.
E&C commits to
- Act as role model for Takeda's values and foster an ethics and values-based decision making mindset in internal clients, partners and team
- Enable the organization to make ethical decisions in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
- Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in BUs / BFs and LOCs to embed ethics and compliance as part of the inherent way of work at Takeda
- Define Takeda’s strategic and values-based approach to ERM, delivering capabilities across following dimensions: risk transparency and insight, risk appetite and strategy, risk-related business processes and decisions
- Lead Takeda’s day to day ERM-related activities, ensuring appropriate leadership, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company's operational and strategic risk
- Ensure close partnership with all functions driving risk management across Takeda
- Manage enterprise risk assessment process, including consolidation of local risk assessments and creation of enterprise risk register
- Ensure culture of risk management across the enterprise
- Manage submissions to internal governance bodies and support external reporting as required
- Partner with IT and TBS to leverage technology and automation in ERM
- Demonstrates ability to deliver results in a matrix organization
- Interaction model: Working closely with senior enterprise leaders; Partnering with BU / BF on ERA; collaboration with CFO functions, Legal, GIA, external governance bodies
- Uses business acumen and insights to effectively manage the company matrix organization model across multiple sets of stakeholders
- Communicates effectively with senior leaders
- Experienced enterprise leader with 15plus years of relevant experience in a global company
- Proven track record in Risk Management – Finance, GIA, E&C, etc.
- Strategic thinker, forward looking, holistic mindset
- Skilled in influencing without authority and build strong cross BU/BF relationships
- Strong ability to drive operational excellence
Job ID R0018411