Global Value and Access Lead, Solid Tumors
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Global Value and Access Lead, Solid TumorsApply Now
This role is part of a team responsible for developing and continually enhancing best-in-class market access strategies and health economics value propositions to achieve and/or retain a competitive advantage for Takeda Oncology brands. This position is accountable for the development and approval of the global pricing strategy and access solutions for Takeda Oncology brands.
This position will need to carefully allocate and focus his/her expertise and resources, and effectively manage a number of important partnerships and vendors to achieve impact and contribute to the company’s success. These interfaces include but are not limited to the Global Oncology Marketing organization, Regional and Local Market Access, US Payer Marketing, US Market Access, Global Outcomes Research, Global Medical Affairs Oncology, Clinical Development, Regulatory Affairs, Project Leadership, Finance, Corporate Communications and Business Development.
Pricing: Advise and ensure appropriate design and execution of pricing research to provide recommendations on global pricing strategy to management. Drive competitive intelligence on payer assessments and reimbursement decisions, as well as disseminate information and identified implications across key global/regional/local functions. Manage global pricing policy for Takeda Oncology brands and partner with relevant regional/local groups and functions to lead innovative thinking regarding pricing strategy and Patient Access Program to ensure consistent approach across regions and products. Lead innovative alternative pricing model designs including risk sharing agreement analysis and strategic recommendations in close collaboration with Regional/Local Pricing & Market Access team members.
Market Access: Collaborate and design with the Regional/local/US Pricing and Market Access to purse global payer research to understand primary value drivers and requirements for early access, preferential access and sustainable access across all products/indications. Monitor and identify Health Technology Assessment (HTA) requirements, trends and reimbursement pathways for key markets – in collaboration with Regional/Local PMA/HE leads. Work with Regional Market Access and BU countries to develop patient access solutions which reflect an in depth understanding of local market dynamics.
Strategy: Lead the development of the Global Pricing Strategy for Takeda Oncology brands, including through analysis and modelling of multiple pricing and contracting options. Partner with Pricing counterpart to create the global launch strategy including careful analysis of formal and informal international price referencing rules. Closely collaborate with Business Unit countries to develop local access strategies and tactics.
Product Value: Ensure that the launch pricing strategy reflects the value proposition for Takeda Oncology brands over their lifecycle. Thoroughly evaluate the anticipated outcome of key HTA body assessments and the implications for Takeda Oncology brands’ value positioning, evidence requirements and help shape the product’s ongoing evidence generation plan.
Models: Collaborate with Pricing Lead to model various pricing and contracting options to optimize the value of Takeda Oncology brands over their lifecycle. Have a working understanding of the key international price referencing (IRP) relationships (both formal and informal).
Foster superior collaboration: Foster productive collaboration specifically with regional (including US)/local PMA/HE team members as well as global outcomes research group, global/regional/local marketing and Medical Affairs. Interact with Regional/Local GMPA/HE team members, global development teams and global brand teams to work on project of diverse scope and complexity.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required; advanced/graduate degree preferred (PhD, MPH, MPP, MBA, other)
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in healthcare or biopharmaceuticals industry, with experience in oncology; solid tumor experience preferred
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in pricing, health policy, public health, health economics, international affairs showcasing increasing responsibility and experience in the same or similar roles; local affiliate experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of the global payer environment and knowledge of US Medicare (Part D), commercial and Federal payers; along with an in-depth understanding of ex-US payer landscape including HTA trends and guidance (NICE, AMCP, PBAC, etc…) – including reimbursement methodologies, pricing/reimbursement authorities’ decision-making process, and current reimbursement issues.
- Strong understanding of innovative global pricing models.
- Strong knowledge and hands on experience in health economics, price modelling, pricing excellence role, cost-effectiveness studies, health technology assessment (HTA) tools, methods and filings, economic modelling, payer and global pricing research.
- Knowledge of all phases of drug development, and with methods of analysis of large healthcare/economics databases and understanding of the major areas of Outcomes Research (PROs, modelling).
- Launch pricing experience in Global or ex-US role.
- Previous experience in oncology is strongly preferred
- Prior solid tumor experience preferred
- Prior PMA/HE regional or global experience strongly preferred.
- Direct payer experience and/or experience in product commercialization preferred.
- Track record of publication would be a plus.
Learn more attakedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0014231