Global Markets Insights Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Global Markets Insights LeadApply Now
Global Market Insights Lead
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Global Market Insights Lead in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Global Market Insights Lead working on the Global Market Insights team, you will be responsible for executing and delivering forecasts, market research, and customer insights that will drive long-range commercial strategy and pipeline investment decisions. This includes commercial assessments for internal assets/targets under development and external partnerships, and in areas where no therapy is currently available., and a typical day will include:
The role works closely with New Product Leads (NPL, primary stakeholder), Patient Value Product Strategy (PVPS), and Payer Value Patient Access (PVPA) in developing global product strategy.
This position will require knowledge and experience in primary market research (PMR) methods, pharmaceutical secondary market research resources/tools (SMR) forecasting (FC) models, competitive intelligence (CI) customer/business insight and analytics (BI&A) and when/how to collaborate with varied team members in commercial assessments and R&D program strategic considerations. This role will require the ability to integrate insights developed through role deliverables to build a coherent and actionable narrative that drives strategy and investment decisions.
This role will partner with Takeda Therapeutic Area Heads (TAU), regional/Local Operating Companies (LOCs), and R&D Global Program Teams/Lead (GPT/GPL), Strategic Planning and Finance to shape Takeda’s marketing and product development strategic direction and investments through integrated insights across insights disciplines (PMR, SMR, FC, CI, BI&A), and at least one bench strength-level expertise in such disciplines (forecasting expertise required at a minimum). This position will be responsible for sharing best practices in these disciplines. The position requires high levels of competency in executing these disciplines for TA strategic early-stage decision making.
The position requires the ability to assess the clinical and commercial landscape and develop models that facilitate pipeline and portfolio strategic decision making. The position requires the ability to frame commercial assessments for multi-stakeholder collaborative influence in the path to bringing the greatest value to market for patients.
15% PARTNERSHIP AND COLLABORATION
- Serve as the Strategic Insight Partner to GC/NPP for pipeline/portfolio strategic decisions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally in Global Commercial Excellence in forecasting, assigned Global Program Teams to influence TPP, Clinical Dev Plan (CDP), market access strategy, patient engagement strategy, health economics, etc. with recommendations driven from integrated insights project results.
- Translate business problems into insights deliverables to develop and recommend business strategies to drive results in franchise objectives.
- Advise senior level executives as partners, apply and help others on the team, utilize consulting skills, business acumen, understanding of pharmaceutical development/commercialization, listening, problem definition, complexity and problem-solving skills, hypothesis generation, data analysis, translation of data and insights into action and presentation skills.
20% SYNTHESIS AND RECOMMENDATION
- Lead global strategic insights projects to address key business needs of Global Neuroscience Business Unit (Commercial + R&D + BD functions) which uncover and impart actionable insights, implications and recommendations to address business issues
- Lead strategic analyses and data synthesis across all types of all types of data sources (through primary market research, competitive intelligence, business information and forecasting/analytics) by leveraging state-of-the art methodologies and techniques.
- Lead multiple concurrent research projects into a synthesis that entail managing business demands across functions.
25% TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP
- Lead forecasting functional expertise, at least one core discipline (PMR, SMR, FC, CI, BI&A) for Global Neuroscience Business Unit and drive new platforms, processes and frameworks for monitoring, assessing and maintaining a perspective on leveraging best practices in that core discipline to drive commercial assessments.
- Develop quantitative commercial valuation forecast models using Excel modeling
10% PRIMARY AND SECONDARY MARKET RESEARCH
- Perform market research using digital platforms and pharmaceutical industry knowledge to develop strategic recommendations for clinical product development & commercial priorities.
- Analyze large volumes of data from multiple secondary sources to assess risk of external environment to Global Neuroscience business using tools like Excel databases and artificial intelligence-based platforms
10% SUPPLIER PARTNERSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Architect preferred vendor relationships, drive vendor management strategies
10% PROJECT AND PROCESS MANAGEMENT
- Ensure efficiency in team operational metrics, budget control, compliance and project tracking to ensure delivery within identified timelines.
- Search for process improvement opportunities by challenging existing processes both internal and those with external partners and propose solutions to improve team effectiveness/efficiencies.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration or a science field and 5+ years of experience, advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in insight and analytics(I&A) function and building commercial forecasts in biotech and pharmaceutical
- Minimum 3 years of experience analyzing large volumes of data from multiple sources to assess risk of external environment to Neuroscience business using tools like Excel databases and artificial intelligence-based platforms.
- Minimum 5 years developing quantitative commercial valuation models using Excel modelling
- Minimum 5 years leading multiple concurrent research projects that entail managing business demands across functions.
- Minimum 3 years performing market research and pharmaceutical industry knowledge to develop strategic recommendations for clinical product development and commercial priorities.
- Experience with advanced techniques such as conjoint, machine learning a plus
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical global market research, competitive intelligence process and methodology
- Candidate should have a successful track record functioning in a matrix environment and delivering results in the areas of market research, product analytics and/or forecasting
- Deep understanding of the full market research circle including primary and secondary market research, product forecasting, competitive assessments, data management, business strategy and solutions.
- Cost-effectively manage external supplier engagements and long-range relationships.
- Ability to extract, analyze, treat, and consolidate data from different sources in clear and concise formats with rigor and high level of accuracy.
- Manage ambiguity and create consensus in assumptions, commonly working in areas with little/no data, where pharmaceutical treatments do not currently exist.
- Advanced user of Windows applications, modelling techniques, analytical tools and applications.
- Strong knowledge of IMS/ non-IMS related data sources, and syndicated analytics
- Demonstrating effective and strong collaboration and communication skills
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously
- Demonstrating leadership skills to drive strategic decision with business impact
- Demonstrating strong competencies in ability to collaborate across multiple functions (R&D, GPTs, Cei, Commercial, DDU and Clinical+)
- Ability to elevate the value of insights in formulating strategy by influencing without authority
- Willingness to travel to various meeting/conferences including international travel is required.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0014233