Global Business Development Transactions Lead (Director)
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Global Business Development Transactions Lead (Director)Apply Now
Global Business Development Transactions Lead (Director)
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Global Business Development Transactions Lead (Director) in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Global Business Development Transactions Lead (Director) working on the Global Business Development team, you will be empowered to execute the transaction strategy for your assigned projects, which can vary across multiple Therapeutic Areas., and a typical day will include:
- The Director Corporate Business Development executes the transaction strategy for their assigned project, which can vary across multiple Therapeutic Areas. In this role they work to evaluate and present opportunities, project manage the transaction process and assist with execution deliverables.
- As a core member of Corporate Development, primary responsibilities include: help establish the Business Development (BD) strategy, identify and drive significant BD opportunities aligned with that strategy, manage due diligence needs and project reporting deliverables and support execution requirements set by Senior Leadership.
For their assigned Therapeutic Area projects, and for additional corporate initiatives as needed and directed by the Senior Director / VP and/ or Head of Corporate Development:
- Performs analyses of complex and/or multipart opportunities requiring extensive collaboration to assess applicability of M&A, JV, License, Divestment and other Structured Product Transactions.
- Participate and occasionally lead strategic business engagements and negotiations of transactions as directed by Corporate Development leadership.
- Manages business relationships and counsels business partners, internally and externally, on transaction and strategic issues pertaining to Corporate Development, licensing/ strategic alliance arrangements.
- Develops and maintains key relationships across a broad sphere of influence, both internally and externally.
- Assists with determines appropriate candidates to pursue based on analysis, builds presentations and makes recommendations to Takeda executive leadership.
- Work closely with other Global Business Development (GBD) members as well as the relevant BUs/Corporate functions (e.g, Finance, Legal, Operations).
- Participates as a member of or manages a team for projects going to governance bodies, integration team leader or executive sponsor
- Occasionally requested to manage special projects for Head of Corporate Development.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BA or BS required, MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- Deal list of executed transactions required.
- Minimum 8 years business development experience with 5 years pharmaceutical/biotech/healthcare industry experience. Demonstrated exposure to R&D and/or Commercial Operations.
- Experience Managing, Leading or Co-Leading a transaction.
- Experience directing and managing cross-functional groups to accomplish corporate goals.
- Strong commercial or analytical background in business development, life science banking, and/or marketing or equivalent.
- Proven experience managing a broad and diverse team.
- Deep understanding of the drug development, approval, and commercialization process.
- Cross-functional non-sales experience, e.g., Marketing, Finance, HR, etc. desired Demonstrated success in interacting directly with scientific, marketing and other senior management executives from business and health care institutions on an international level.
- Experience working in a matrix environment with track record of accountability and execution.
- Strong verbal and written skills.
- Gains commitment from team members and other colleagues to act on strategies, plans and goals.
- Organizational Effectiveness– ability to gain trust of high-level management and leverage relationships to provide best possible financial plans and drive impactful analytical projects.
- Communication – ability to communicate ideas and data both verbally and written, in a persuasive, organized and appropriate manner.
- Ownership Attitude – ability to set priorities and meet specific deadlines in a rapidly changing global environment while flexible enough to adapt to Global differences in work style and culture.
- Teamwork – ability to work effectively in and foster a team environment with colleagues who work in international locations and with outside partners, companies and investors.
- 30% travel required, including internationally.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0016372