Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) LeadApply Now
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by partnering closely with the business stakeholders to help create, support and enable an embedded ethics and compliance framework. We do this by
- Ensuring that our values are at the core of business conduct and underpin individual behaviours and decisions to effectively manage corporate risks
- Being a forward-thinking leader who anticipates the impact that changing regulations and public debate on topics of ethics will have on the business
- Taking a modern approach to the E&C operating model by establishing and maintaining a functional structure and agile framework, supporting the achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025 and the E&C strategy.
- Co-create the future Takeda ERM framework and drive values based approach to risk management across the enterprise
- Accountable for ensuring the key activities of the ERM function are managed in line with business priorities and drive improvement in business processes to support increased productivity within the company, using effective data collection and analysis strategies
- Ensure effective implementation of the ERM framework in line with best practice, ensuring that changing business priorities are reflected dynamically
- Manage enterprise risk assessment process, including consolidation of local risk assessments and enterprise risk register
- Be a key of point of contact to the business ensuring an accurate and timely response for the Enterprise Risk Assessment
- Responsible for the global Ethics & Compliance (“E&C”) risk assessment module as part of the overall Enterprise Risk Management process ensuring an accurate and timely response.
- Ensure risk assessment training for E&C staff, roll-out, consolidation and analysis of BU/BF E&C risk assessments.
- Strong influencing and stakeholder management / engagement skills
- Effectively works in a cross-functional capacity and across numerous stakeholder groups
- Uses business acumen and insights to effectively manage the company matrix organization model across multiple sets of stakeholders
- Shows high degree of curiosity and creativity in dealing with situations and topics
- Experience in leading change management efforts in global and complex organizations
- Communicates effectively with senior leaders
- Proven ability to drive operational excellence
- Interaction model: Working closely with senior leaders; collaboration with Corporate Strategy, CFO functions, Legal, GIA, external governance bodies
- 10-12 years experience in relevant areas
- Preferably experience in formal or informal leading of teams
- Strong background in Finance, GIA, E&C, etc.
- Experience implementing Enterprise Risk Management framework
- Japanese and/or US regulatory background
- Preferably experience with corporate governance
- Skilled in influencing without authority, co-creating with diverse stakeholders and achieving results in highly matrixed organization
Job ID R0020788