Engineer III / Sr Research Associate - Fed-batch Culture Process Development
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Engineer III / Sr Research Associate - Fed-batch Culture Process DevelopmentApply Now
The Engineer III will work primarily with scientists/senior research associates or engineers in the upstream fed-batch culture process development team to design and optimize consistent cell culture processes that produce quality recombinant proteins through laboratory studies. Additionally, as a fundamental component related to cell culture process design and development, the process development team will also ensure that these processes are predicable, scalable, and controlled with multiple size of bioreactors (ambr15, ambr250 and bench-top scale bioreactors). The position is to support tech transfer of developed/locked cell culture processes to pilot team and CMOs.
- Works with departmental and/or cross functional peers to execute on assignments, under limited supervision.
- Prepares experimental protocols.
- Contributes significantly to project work which may include multiple projects within functional area.
- Interprets data independently, and contributes to technical reports
- Identifies complex technical issues, and implements solutions under supervision
- Contributes to the design of new applications/experiments/unit operations in consultation with supervisor.
- Supports technology transfer through writing and consolidating technical documents.
- Coordinates within department as well as cross functionally with peers on projects.
- Associates degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science and 4+ years relevant industry experience
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 2+ years relevant industry experience
- Master’s degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 0+ years relevant industry experience
- Previous experience working in lab setting or Master’s degree plus appropriate laboratory training
Knowledge and Skills:
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- able to troubleshoot critical issues or problems and resolve routine issues using appropriate information.
- ability to work within department groups/team.
- Communication skills
- expresses one’s self clearly and concisely within function; documents issues and/or concerns concisely with colleagues; timely and effectively communicates issues to supervisor
- exercises good time management skills
- proficient in use of applicable lab equipment and operations
- Travel may be required
Job ID R0022869