E&C Senior Strategy Lead
Boston, Massachusetts, Zurich, Switzerland
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
What makes a successful member of our team?
We take action and make decisions by focusing on our four priorities in this order:
Putting the patient
at the center
Life at Takeda
To keep delivering new value to patients, we provide growth opportunities for every employee according to their abilities and passions, and together are building a stronger organization.
Procurement Lead, Northern Europe
“Takeda is a unique place to work as there is no ‘every-day routine’ around here – it’s very a dynamic environment where change of plans and adjustments of approach are the constants... This allows for interesting cross-function collaboration and – if you’re up for it - a high degree of influence on your daily job and workplace.”
Regional Head, Europe, Vaccines
“Takeda is a great place to work as the company invests in the continuous development of its employees offering training, coaching, mentoring and open exchanges between all levels of the organization. Also, it is fulfilling to know that, within the Vaccine Business Unit, we are developing and delivering innovative vaccines impacting the lives of millions of people around the world.”
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
E&C Senior Strategy LeadApply Now
Ethics & Compliance (E&C) focuses on what the organization needs by partnering closely with the business stakeholders to help create, support and enable an embedded ethics and compliance framework. We do this by
- Ensuring that our values are at the core of business conduct and underpin individual behaviours and decisions to effectively manage corporate risks
- Being a forward-thinking leader who anticipates the impact that changing regulations and public debate on topics of ethics will have on the business
- Taking a modern approach to the E&C operating model by establishing and maintaining a functional structure and agile framework, supporting the achievement of Takeda’s Vision 2025 and the E&C strategy.
E&C will respond rapidly to changing environment and business needs, it is close to the market, and encourages and help enable ethical behaviour in line with Takeda’s values. By working in an agile manner E&C ensures the balance between stable structures, governance, processes and systems, and dynamic approaches to delivering innovative solutions to appropriately manage risks.
E&C commits to
- Act as role model for Takeda's values and foster an ethics and values-based decision making mindset in internal clients, partners and team
- Enable the organization to make ethical decisions in line with our priorities of Patient, Trust, Reputation, and Business
Collaborate across all E&C teams and partner with stakeholders in BUs / BFs and LOCs to embed ethics and compliance as part of the inherent way of work at Takeda
The Agile Operations and Portfolio Management Team’s role is to help E&C get to better outcomes, faster. As a team, we work to deliver of E&Cs three strategic goals by maximizing the impact of E&Cs projects, initiatives and activities by:
- Strategy and Strategy implementation: setting a clear north star, keeping everyone informed of project and progress, keeping everyone pulling in the same direction
- Agile Amplification: evolving our way of working, providing project support, coaching and training, ensuring supporting processes are ‘fit for agile’ – to help teams can get to even better answers, faster
- Supporting Priority E&C projects – through embedding of team members and developing tools and resources for project teams
- Chief of Staff functions - to enable smooth running of the whole function (e.g., Budget management, GECLT Secretariat etc)
Within the team, as a Senior Strategy Lead, you will
- Provide strategic advice, support and troubleshooting for ongoing projects in GEC
- Support the Chief of staff and CECO in preparation of high level, strategic, decision making documents and updates being prepared for the Takeda Executive Team (TET)
- Lead and deliver projects to improve internal GEC processes to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness of work in E&C, and better enable agile working
- Research and prepare strategic advice, information and reports to facilitate informed decision making and planning
- Ensure tracking of strategy implementation and annual KPIs through established indicators
- Champion agile transformation by providing agile coaching and training to a agile project teams across E&C (ad hoc coaching, or formal project participation as scrum master/equivalent)
- Be prepared to advise teams in the areas of ethical decision making and application of Takeda E&C Policies, SOPs, supporting tools and interpretations in the development and progression of programs
- Support other activities/actions prioritized by the GECLT as needed
- Ability to flex between high level strategic thinking, synthesis, and detailed, practical on the ground delivery of impact
- Strong strategic communication skills: conveys complex ideas/decisions in simple and compelling narratives. Tailors style to suit their audience.
- Impact oriented problem solver: able to develop innovative solutions and enable inclusive, creative solution design, build ownership and capabilities
- Master of collaborative working (within team, across teams and upwards): able to form building strong, trust based networks of connections (including with C-level stakeholders) and collaborate with them to drive value and resolve conflicts.
- Enthusiastic learner: seeks out opportunities to continuously improve and innovate by refinig current skillsets and building new ones. Shares knowledge with others to elevate team.
- Organised: able to prioritise effectively and structure work where possible
- Flexible and resilient: able to cope with changing topics and new challenges, adapts fast and can move forward in the face of ambiguity
- Empowering leader: catalyses action by giving team the opportunity to take decisions, providing coaching and removing impediments from their path
- A minimum of 8 years of work experience, incuding >4 years experience in strategy consulting roles, including 2 years minimum in roles with responsibility for complex project delivery with multiple stakeholders
- Bachelors degree, further degrees preferred
- Agile certification, or experience working/leading agile teams
- Healthcare industry experience preferred
- Global / international experience
Job ID R0022857