Director, Project and Alliance Management - GI DDUApply Now Job ID 1603123 Date posted12/21/2016 LocationBoston, Massachusetts, United States;
- Reporting to the Senior Director, Strategy and Operations, GI DDU, this person will be responsible for designing and implementing best practice business initiatives to drive future growth and further enhance delivery via the innovative GI DDU hybrid (externalized and internal research) drug discovery model.
- Working as part of the overall GI DDU Operations team to develop and maintain detailed cross-functional program plans, budgets and timelines that are integrated with stage-gate activities and executive reviews.
- Primary focus on externalized components of discovery research. Responsible for overall tracking, facilitation and management of the external interactions of the GI DDU.
- Active across all components of external GI DDU interactions from formation of new relationships, coordination of triage and assessment of opportunities, through to active alliance management on executed projects.
- Oversee the coordination of cross-functional meetings, creation and distribution of meeting agendas and minutes, drive completion of action items for multiple internal and externally facing GI DDU initiatives.
- Design systems to track progress against project plans and ensure project teams and other stakeholders have the tools necessary to deliver a timely implementation.
- Oversee general business operations for the GI DDU, partnering with internal and cross-functional resources within Finance, Legal, and other operations groups.
- In conjunction with the GI DDU Operations team, establish operations and project management best practices.
- The successful candidate will play a critical role in all aspects of GI DDU project related operations and alliance management and will be key to overall DDU performance through facilitation of smooth non scientific functions within the DDU.
- Overall smooth functioning of non scientific aspects of GI DDU external relationships and alliances.
- Coordinates the GI DDU workflow, ensuring that deliverables are provided on schedule with a primary focus on externally focused research activities.
- Drives completion of action items, and prepares program-related presentations and dashboards.
- Acts as a key facilitator to initiate and drive to completion new internal GI DDU projects from an operational and administrative perspective.
- Responsible for the overall direction, development and oversight of business specific contract and agreement execution. Will work closely with Legal, Business Development, IP, Strategic Outsourcing, other internal stakeholders as well as vendors.
- Liaise cross-functionally (Legal, Finance, Sourcing, HR, and across all scientific functions as necessary) to support execution of GI DDU programs and business: independently identify and resolve issues limiting scientific execution. Recommends modifications to processes to meet the evolving needs of the GI DDU.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- The person in this role must be proactive, resourceful, self-motivated and should possess good interpersonal skills to interact professionally with all levels in the organization
- Has experience of working through virtual and/or matrix team models and demonstrated ability to act independently through complex cross-functional matrices and international sites.
- Accurate and precise communication skills are necessary with experience of international partnerships with multiple international contributors to individual projects
- Project management experience in biopharma/healthcare or healthcare related consulting required.
- Excellent general problem solving and project management skills and a proven ability to manage multiple projects and to simplify and organize complex tasks
- 7+ years experience in the biotechnology or pharmaceutical industry with a demonstrable broad understanding of drug discovery & development practices
- Bachelor’s in Science or Management related discipline
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required
- 20% (within US); Occasional international
We are driven to improve people's lives
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visithttp://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.