Director, Portfolio Strategy Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2021.
Director, Portfolio Strategy LeadApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused,innovation-driven company that will inspireyou and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Portfolio Strategy Leadin our Cambridge Office.
At Takeda, we are transforming thepharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower ourpeople to realize their potentialthrough life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers,encourage innovation, and strivefor excellence in everything we do. We foster aninclusive, collaborative workplace, in whichour global teams are united by an unwaveringcommitment to deliver Better Health and aBrighter Future to people around theworld.
The Portfolio Strategy Lead is a Director level role and a core member of the Global Portfolio Strategy team. The Portfolio Strategy Lead will serve as the dedicated Business Partner to 1-2 Therapeutic Areas (Rare, Oncology) and the relevant Drug Discovery Unit(s).The Portfolio Strategy Lead will support portfolio decision-making and R&D strategic initiatives working in collaboration with stakeholders across Takeda including R&D TAUs and Functions, Corporate Strategy, and Commercial. This role contributes substantially to shaping the future strategy and direction of Takeda R&D.
- Dedicated business partner / single point of contact with a Therapeutic Area (TA) and relevant Drug Discovery Unit (DDU) for the Global Portfolio Strategy team. Partner with stakeholders in the TA, DDU, and Patient Value and Product Strategy (PVPS) to optimize governance decision-making, and build and maintain an expertise in pipeline assets to support key internal and external (e.g., investor relations) initiatives.
- Support the continued improvement and embedding of cross-TAU portfolio management and prioritization processes for pipeline assets which include scenario planning, risk / value analyses and trade-off decision frameworks.
- Support R&D strategic initiatives, including Executive level R&D strategic portfolio reviews, the development and tracking of R&D Key Performance Indicators, and Investor Relations activities.
- Partner with the Corporate Strategy Group and Finance organization in the development and integration of an R&D strategic plan with the long-range forecast / mid-year commitment / mid-range planning processes.
- Provide strategic leadership and expertise with respect to portfolio analytics and decision making including structuring of problems and interpretation of insights that facilitates trade-off discussions and buy-up decisions for new projects.
- Monitor portfolio progress and related milestones, identify gaps and make strategic recommendations.
- Support strategic initiatives that enable R&D to improve productivity and execute on the vision of being an agile, patient-centric organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions, regions and cultures
- Functional level leadership with the ability to inspire, motivate and drive results
- Excellent communicator, able to persuasively convey both ideas and data, verbally and in writing
- Proven skills as an effective team player who can engender credibility and confidence within and outside the company
- Ability to distill complex issues and ideas down to simple comprehensible terms
- Demonstrates leadership presence and confidence
- Embraces and demonstrates a diversity and inclusion mindset and role models these behaviors for the organization
- Builds teams across functions and geographies with individuals who have the right skills and experience to deliver on key organizational initiatives.
- Invests time in helping others to enhance their skills and perform at a higher level
- MBA and or finance background highly preferred.
- Minimum 10 years industry experience in an R&D or Portfolio function and a deep understanding of the drug discovery and development process.
- Management / strategy consulting experience a plus.
- Previous experience leading a medium to large organization and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders is a plus.
- Proven track record of leading and driving business process transformation and organizational culture change as well as delivering on programs with complex business deliverables.
- Track record of successful leadership, management, and development of large, multi-disciplinary globally dispersed teams. Strong judge of talent with the ability to make tough talent decisions.
- Health care business acumen with a comprehensive understanding of the pharmaceutical industry
Location and Salary Information:
- This job posting excludes CO applicants.
Empowering Our People toShine
Discover more attakedajobs.com
Time TypeFull time
Job ID R0027299