Director, Payer Marketing
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Director, Payer MarketingApply Now
DIRECTOR, US PAYER MARKETING
The Director, US Payer Marketing will be responsible for the development and implementation of key brand strategies and initiatives that are focused on the U.S. payer and reimbursement environment to support the overall US commercial strategy. This role will be responsible for collaborating with multiple functional groups, including but not limited to Market Access, Sales, Clinical Development, Regulatory, Market Research, Commercial Operations, Legal, Patient Advocacy and Global Medical Affairs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide commercial direction, input, and decision making at all stages of brand strategy and operational plan execution
- Develop and execute brand strategy, including identification of key market issues and opportunities, critical success factors and franchise strategies, key tactical programs and portfolio positioning and messaging
- Formulate competitive strategy and associated messaging to effectively position Takeda products within the marketplace
- Support management by conducting analyses, synthesizing strategic inputs and providing strategic recommendations
- Work collaboratively with Sales Management to ensure alignment on strategy and implementation of promotional programs
- Evaluate franchise performance against budget to ensure a cost effective allocation of resources and appropriate management reporting
- Represent marketing function as the PMRT reviewer for all promotional material
- Represent marketing function at alliance team meetings when applicable
- Identify market research needs, align on market research plans and translate findings into portfolio strategies and forecasting assumptions
- Work and manage all vendors/agencies successfully and effectively
- Drive cross-functional coordination representing the both the brand and marketing department
- Collaborate with Market Access to communicate new promotional initiatives to field personnel in an efficient and accurate manner
- Oversee Market Access Strategy Development and Execution across the franchise
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing or science required
- Minimum of 2 years of market access experience
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical and/or healthcare experience with a minimum of 5+ years in U.S. pharmaceutical marketing (pre-launch or in-line) or relevant experience
- Experience in a leadership role within a multi-functional commercial organization without clear reporting authority is required. Strong, team-oriented leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence, lead, negotiate and work effectively at all levels within a matrix and multi-cultural environment aiming towards strategic alignment for commercial success
- Track record of successfully defining market issues and opportunities and developing successful marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, initiative, creativity with experience in product positioning and messaging
- Knowledge and understanding of the drug development, regulatory review and commercialization processes for specialized products • Experience in successfully representing the commercial perspective during the regulatory/legal review of launch promotional materials
- Ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex strategic initiatives, including a demonstrated understanding of the tools and methodologies needed to develop assumptions for a business case, market and competitive analysis, customer needs and primary/secondary research sources to support hypotheses
- Enthusiasm, confidence, ability to work on multiple tasks, problem solving ability, creativity and ability to prioritize effectively to meet personal, team and company goals
- Strong preference for experience in hematology/oncology marketing, including launch experience.
- Hematology/oncology commercialization process experience strongly preferred
- Experience in the management of individuals and teams strongly desired
- US pharmaceutical sales experience in a specialty market preferred
- Launch experience in oncology strongly preferred
- MBA a plus
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0006524