What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Moving Mountains My Story and Why I’m Climbing.
I oversee Corporate Communications at Takeda Oncology. We're committed to discovering and developing treatments for patients with cancers.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda completes acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., significantly enhancing our global oncology portfolio and reinforcing our commitment to develop medicines for patients living with cancer.
Rushing Toward a Cure (RTC) launched in 2006 in partnership with the Patriots Radio Network (WBZ 98.5) and our local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). With RTC, Takeda Oncology contributes a set financial donation to the LLS for every 100 rushing yards gained by New England during the pre, regular and post-seasons. This money helps fund vital blood cancer research, patient services and education programs.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Our US Offices are in Cambridge, MA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
DIRECTOR, US PAYER MARKETING
The Director, US Payer Marketing will be responsible for the development and implementation of key brand strategies and initiatives that are focused on the U.S. payer and reimbursement environment to support the overall US commercial strategy. This role will be responsible for collaborating with multiple functional groups, including but not limited to Market Access, Sales, Clinical Development, Regulatory, Market Research, Commercial Operations, Legal, Patient Advocacy and Global Medical Affairs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide commercial direction, input, and decision making at all stages of brand strategy and operational plan execution
- Develop and execute brand strategy, including identification of key market issues and opportunities, critical success factors and franchise strategies, key tactical programs and portfolio positioning and messaging
- Formulate competitive strategy and associated messaging to effectively position Takeda products within the marketplace
- Support management by conducting analyses, synthesizing strategic inputs and providing strategic recommendations
- Work collaboratively with Sales Management to ensure alignment on strategy and implementation of promotional programs
- Evaluate franchise performance against budget to ensure a cost effective allocation of resources and appropriate management reporting
- Represent marketing function as the PMRT reviewer for all promotional material
- Represent marketing function at alliance team meetings when applicable
- Identify market research needs, align on market research plans and translate findings into portfolio strategies and forecasting assumptions
- Work and manage all vendors/agencies successfully and effectively
- Drive cross-functional coordination representing the both the brand and marketing department
- Collaborate with Market Access to communicate new promotional initiatives to field personnel in an efficient and accurate manner
- Oversee Market Access Strategy Development and Execution across the franchise
- BA/BS degree in business, marketing or science required
- Minimum of 2 years of market access experience
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical and/or healthcare experience with a minimum of 5+ years in U.S. pharmaceutical marketing (pre-launch or in-line) or relevant experience
- Experience in a leadership role within a multi-functional commercial organization without clear reporting authority is required. Strong, team-oriented leader with excellent communication skills and the ability to influence, lead, negotiate and work effectively at all levels within a matrix and multi-cultural environment aiming towards strategic alignment for commercial success
- Track record of successfully defining market issues and opportunities and developing successful marketing campaigns
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, initiative, creativity with experience in product positioning and messaging
- Knowledge and understanding of the drug development, regulatory review and commercialization processes for specialized products • Experience in successfully representing the commercial perspective during the regulatory/legal review of launch promotional materials
- Ability to complete quantitative and qualitative analyses of complex strategic initiatives, including a demonstrated understanding of the tools and methodologies needed to develop assumptions for a business case, market and competitive analysis, customer needs and primary/secondary research sources to support hypotheses
- Enthusiasm, confidence, ability to work on multiple tasks, problem solving ability, creativity and ability to prioritize effectively to meet personal, team and company goals
- Strong preference for experience in hematology/oncology marketing, including launch experience.
- Hematology/oncology commercialization process experience strongly preferred
- Experience in the management of individuals and teams strongly desired
- US pharmaceutical sales experience in a specialty market preferred
- Launch experience in oncology strongly preferred
- MBA a plus
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0006524
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.