Director, Neuroscience Alliance Management
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Director, Neuroscience Alliance ManagementApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Neuroscience Alliance Management in our Neuroscience Therapeutic Area Unit in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission
This position is responsible for maximizing the success of our neuroscience R&D partnerships and developing and evolving Takeda’s neuroscience strategy.
- Responsible for R&D Neuroscience portfolio of research and clinical development partnerships including direct management of complex alliances as well as coaching and mentoring of others with alliance management responsibilities
- Create disease area / technology perspectives by synthesizing internal and external expertise to communicate latest scientific advances, anticipate future competitive dynamics, identify opportunities to create value through partnership, identify new or alternative potential partnerships, and drive to action
- Develop and lead initiatives to address Neuroscience TAU strategic priorities
- Participate in contract negotiation to ensure contract is aligned with the strategic intent, there is a common understanding of deliverables, timelines, and go/no go criteria post deal closure; recommend fit for purpose governance and capture all potential relationship risks
- Lead the launches of new partnerships and the ongoing governance of existing alliances. Committee members will include executives from various functions within Takeda and from the alliance partners. Ensure that all joint committees have shared goals, expectations, operating principles, and performance metrics.
- Monitor all alliance related activities and lead joint teams in resolving issues regarding effective communication, conflict, or role clarification. Pro-actively anticipate risks and needs, and determine the optimal solution.
- Monitor contractual obligations and deliverables for both Takeda and its partner to ensure objectives are met. Lead process for revising contractual agreements as necessary
- Contribute to Portfolio view of partnerships and ensure all key data elements under direct responsibility of alliance management is kept up to date
Participate in activities that help embed partnering best practices across the company
- BS/BA required; advanced life sciences degree (MD, PhD, PharmD) strongly preferred
- Demonstrated excellence in analytical and strategic thinking in multiple roles
- Minimum 3 years of project management experience, preferably in the pharmaceutical / biotech industry or with management consulting firm
- Strong knowledge of drug development process
- Direct alliance management experience within the pharmaceutical or biotech industry preferred
- Ability to learn and act quickly to take on new tasks and drive towards a high-quality deliverable
- Strong project management skills including the ability to lead and drive multiple high priority projects with senior leadership stakeholders, create project workplans, anticipate major contingencies, synthesize discussions, and drive to action
- Strong interpersonal skills including mastery of several influencing tactics, ability to modify working style based upon team and audience, ability to give and receive feedback with senior leaders, and able to coach peers and more junior members
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Legal Contracts – Ability to understand contractual agreement structure, terms and obligations and be able to translate the terms in a way that is understood by the R&D
- This position may require up to 30% travel, including international trips.
- This position requires the ability to drive to various meetings / clients.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0015458