Director, Investor Relations
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Director, Investor RelationsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Investor Relations in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director working on the Investor Relations team, you will be an interface between Takeda and the investment community, working regularly with senior management. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by communicating Takeda’s investor relations message in a consistent and strategic manner while monitoring and presenting the view of the investment community with the broader IR and executive team based in Tokyo and Boston, and to internal stakeholders.
This role is responsible for collaborating with the IR team in developing & executing the global investor relations program with a focus on science. This will include helping develop corporate messages, presentations and analyses in support of quarterly earnings, investor conferences, roadshows, and other investor events. This individual is expected to serve as liaison for day-to-day inquiries from investors and sell-side analysts. To perform these activities, this individual will need to collaborate across multiple functional areas in the company across different time zones.
A typical day will include:
- Further develop, implement, and manage a comprehensive strategic plan for investor relations that helps ensure the maximum sustainable fair valuation of the company and understanding of the company story with both the sell-side and buy-side.
- Maintain close relationships with key investors and analysts.
- Communicate Takeda’s story on a transparent and consistent basis and in compliance with corporate policies, Japanese securities regulations, and US securities regulations.
- Plan and ensure execution of key investor events and communications, including road shows, investor days, as well as developing investor-facing communications.
- Research and monitor competitor, regulatory, and broader external environment to understand potential impact.
- Provide accurate, consistent and timely responses to all external inquiries from investors and analysts.
- Frequent travel to Takeda offices in Boston and Tokyo is possible, with additional travel to domestic and international cities with concentrations of institutional investors, such as Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Denver, London, etc.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors/Masters/MD/PhD degree and 5+ years of experience in pharmaceutical industry or financial industry or closely related industry experience.
- Pharmaceutical / life sciences experience strongly preferred.
- Pharma / Science competency (ability to be very familiar with therapies and the diseases, as well as emergent sciences developed internally or by competitors)
- Finance competency (ability to understand and discuss Takeda’s finances with Wall St)
- Investor Relations competency (understand investor’s perspective and discuss the equity story in a convincing manner)
- Bilingual in Japanese / English is a plus.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, including overnight trips.
- Requires approximately 50% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Program
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0011949