Director, Data Services Analytics
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Director, Data Services AnalyticsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Data Services Analytics in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
The director of data services analytics will be responsible for the adoption and utilization of technologies, models and methods for science driven analytics of data services and architectures across R&D. Responsibilities will include:
- Shape and assess data architectures and services through data analytics for cell therapies and other current and emerging therapeutic areas across Takeda R&D from multiple dimensions including pre-clinical and discovery data, operational and clinical trial data, clinical production data, real world data, scientific data, and related.
- Lead the implementation and operational analytics of data services including performance, usage, governance, and management processes that reveal opportunities, insights, and approaches for data usage.
- Drive the definition, design, implementation and validation of cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve actionable design, planning, and improvement of data services by leveraging new data architectures, complex statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques.
- Prioritize and oversee a portfolio of projects ensuring alignment of activities and standards.
- Measure, monitor, and collaborate with users, partners, and stakeholders on the use and socialization of techniques and new technologies throughout organization.
- Oversee the ingestion and classification of diverse data sources, such as performance data, usage, adoption, health and status, and scientific data more broadly for cell therapies and other R&D areas.
- Deliver on data-driven projects through organization of team efforts and hands-on approach.
- Actively listen, integrate input from diverse sources, and collaboratively translate engineering, scientific, or business questions into data and analysis requirements
- Partner with experts to verify and drive model capabilities and translate modeling outputs into functional descriptions and business language.
- Partners with IT resources to enable and measure data flow, performance, reliability, development using appropriate tools/technology and rapid prototyping that informs the design of analytical products.
- Coach, develop and mentor others on data services analytics, tools and methodologies.
- Build external alliances to gain and share new insights from architecture analysis, technical information, and trends both internal and external.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in computer science, mathematics, or a data-related field with a substantial software architecture, design, and scientific rigor emphasis.
- Experience working in industrial-scale projects with experience in pharmaceutical / biotechnology / healthcare / health IT industry a desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in exploring alternate approaches and novel solutions
- Strong management and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence all levels of management.
- Seasoned computer scientist or data scientist with experience in large-scale healthcare data analysis and industry models/standards.
- Expertise in advanced data architectures and deep knowledge of a wide range of analytic approaches, computing models, and data structures.
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of advanced database technologies, graph structures, modern software languages, full stack development, analytic environments, and devops tools.
- Experience analyzing data from traditional healthcare databases or similar structured and unstructured datasets.
- Experience with big data methodologies and cloud environments.
- Willingness to travel to various meetings, corporate partners, additional Takeda sites.
- Requires approximately 10% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0017051