Director, Data and Analytics
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Director, Data and AnalyticsApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Director, Data and Analytics in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Director, Data and Analytics working on the team, you will be responsible for the adoption and utilization of technologies, models and methods for science-driven data analytics across R&D, and a typical day will include:
- Lead the implementation and operational activities of Takeda R&D use cases utilizing scientific data for insights and broad effect.
- Drive the definition, design, implementation and validation of cutting-edge algorithms to analyze diverse sources of data to achieve targeted outcomes by leveraging complex statistical and predictive modeling concepts, machine-learning approaches, clustering and classification techniques.
- Prioritize and oversee portfolio of projects ensuring alignment of activities and standards.
- Advance socialization of techniques and new technologies throughout organization.
- Oversee the ingestion and classification of diverse data sources, such as clinical trial data, electronic health record data, insurance claims data, and disease, patient data
- Deliver on data-driven research projects through organization of team efforts and hands-on approach
- Actively listen, integrate input from diverse sources, and collaboratively translate medical or business questions into data and analysis requirements
- Partner with domain experts to verify and drive model capabilities and translate modeling outputs into business language
- Partner with IT resources to enable appropriate data flow/data model, development using appropriate tools/technology, rapid prototyping and informs the design of analytical products
- Coach, develops and mentor employees (team) on data science tools and methodologies
- Builds external alliances to gain and share information and industry trends.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Advanced degree (PhD, MS) in a data-related field with a substantial scientific and statistical component
- 10+ years experience working in pharmaceutical / biotechnology / healthcare / health IT industry, and 5 + delivering end-to-end data analysis projects
- Strong management and organizational skills
- Ability to effectively interact with and influence all levels of management.
- Seasoned data scientist with experience in large-scale healthcare data analysis and industry models/standards
- Advanced knowledge of a subset of analytical approaches (ex. machine learning, statistical analysis, predictive modeling, visual analytics)
- Experience in observational healthcare data analysis
- Advanced hands-on knowledge of R and/or Python
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational databases
- Experience analyzing data from traditional healthcare databases (electronic medical records, claims, etc) is preferred
- Experience with Hadoop platforms (Cloudera a plus) and related “big data” technologies is preferred
- Experience working in Cloud Computing environments (ex AWS, Azure, etc) is preferred
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0014708