Director, Brand Medical Communications (GI)
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Director, Brand Medical Communications (GI)Apply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Director, Brand Medical Communications (GI) in our Lexington, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As a Director, Brand Medical Communications working on the Gastroenterology (GI) team, you will be empowered to establish and execute upon our commercial medical communications strategy for Entyvio. In this role, you will contribute to Takeda’s mission by developing disease state content that enhances the lives of our patients. A typical day will include:
- Create strategic and tactical launch plan for novel clinical decision-making tool designed to change the treatment paradigm for Crohn’s patients
- Serve as primary commercial liaison with medical affairs to understand the evolving approaches to Irritable Bowel Disease (IBD) treatment
- Develop unbranded, disease state content to advance optimal treatment of IBD
- Serve as primary subject matter expert for relevant medical activity and thought practices related to IBD for the brand team
- Develop and execute a comprehensive commercial medical communications strategy that includes use of publications (as appropriate), presence at medical congresses, KOL partnerships, etc.
- Lead strategy and execution of an unbranded clinical decision-making tool in Crohn’s disease through partnership with founders and cross-functional internal team to bring a first-in-class tool to the market
- Assess changes in IBD clinical treatment paradigm and build plan to best position Entyvio clinically with HCPs
- Assess external partnership opportunities that will allow Takeda bring value in clinical decision-making, patient: physician communication, and other areas that demonstrate leadership in IBD treatment
- Work with cross-functional partners (primarily medical) to develop unbranded disease state content that can be delivered by the commercial organization
- Establish and evolve a significant investment in peer-to-peer programming through the sales force and at congresses
- Identify and cultivate relationships with top-tier and emerging Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) whom can help inform and disseminate medical communications plan
- Establish and execute a robust advisory Board strategy and plan
- Lead agency relationships and manage the Medical Communications partners to ensure best thought leadership and execution of plans
- Ensure a high level of cross-functional coordination, strategic planning, budget adherence, customer service and creativity in managing and executing all aspects Key Opinion Leader (KOL) management
- Support brand team counterparts, contribute to a positive team culture and uphold the Takeda values and principles
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred, accompanied by a minimum of 10+ years in sales, marketing, or related commercial function in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
- Prior experience working with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), medical affairs and/or scientific areas
- Strong understanding of pharmaceutical guidelines and regulations
- Experience with vendor and budget management
- Analytical skill set required with project management and conflict resolution experience
- Requires approximately ~50% travel with weekend travel required
- Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0011110