DevOps Engineering Technical Lead
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
DevOps Engineering Technical LeadApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as a Product Manager Technical Lead (DevOps) in our Boston, MA office, with remote work during the Pandemic.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. This mission includes driving toward a bold vision for our cloud-native, data and digital-ready future.
As a DevOps Engineering Technical Lead you will lead the development of one or more product strategies, fitting into long-term roadmaps, and drive setting the priorities of product capabilities and features in response to business needs aligned with IT architecture, product management, and release management.
- Through your deep technical expertise, drive value into the Takeda DevOps service using agile IT life cycle management from product prototyping to development, deployment, and optimization
- Lead the engineering team through development of patterns and practices for CI/CD pipelines in GitHub Actions across a broad variety of technologies with deployment targets including AWS, Azure, Sales Force and numerous SaaS solutions.
- Lead technical execution of product-related, end-to-end customer and business operations and experiences.
- Inform and influence relevant stakeholders to deliver and support successful DevOps functionality.
- Partners with peers within IT to drive the continuous improvement of service processes, user experiences, and application optimization in alignment with business stakeholders.
- Quickly understand current state of DevOps and Takeda and bring the knowledge and experience to chart the course to daily releases for hundreds of products on dozens of technologies.
- You are the world class technical expert in DevOps and reliability engineering skilled at YAML pipeline creation, strong experience with AWS and AWS Code Deploy, hands on experience with GitHub Actions, Static Code Analysis, Kubernetes, AMIs, Ansible
- Consultant by nature, you quickly ramp in new technologies and skills enabling you to define patterns for DevOps in widely varied technologies from .NET and Java, to Salesforce, SAP, and even PowerBI reports and PowerApps
- Act as lead system integrator to engage and align with business stakeholders and IT on current business plans, strategies and future opportunities and developments, manage product escalations and maintain an always on Takeda DevOps platform.
- Manage and influence key stakeholders across business and technology, to develop and convey product vision and unblock forward progress toward technical goals.
- Drive the development of a technical patterns and product vision, strategy and roadmap.
- Serve as the technical lead and architect of the product vision.
- Use deep knowledge of Agile, DevOps, AWS and reliability engineering, new and established technology developments and consult with key players to enhance products, to define products, to develop prototypes and to develop a roadmap for ongoing and new product developments.
- Lead and guide the development of products by using persuasion and negotiating skills to reach agreement on approach, development, and implementation.
- Lead and manage the Product Life Cycle(s) for the business, by translating potential pipeline products to agile development project, work closely with development teams to create new business product releases focusing on additional and/or new functionality, product simplification and to increase transparency.
- Drive the product planning fitting in long-term roadmaps and aligned with short-term release plans.
- Participate and lead gathering of research to identify articulated and non-articulated product needs.
- Closely monitor product portfolios and business composition, gather relevant data to continuously gain new insight and adjust roadmaps, offering to optimize performance and effectiveness.
- Manage and take responsibility for sustainability of the end-to-end customer experience of products developed.
- Estimate approximate workload requirements and timeline predictions for several to many professionals and continuously monitor and prioritize product developments and workflow and capacity to deliver the most significant value to the product users.
- Communicate issues and successes up and down in the project groups, IT and the business.
- Manage the automated deployment and release pipelines to ensure updates and bug fixes are rolled out in a consistent, timely manner
- Continually monitor and refine the products and lead and influence the performing service management and expert opportunities to optimize use experiences.
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- 6 years or more of relevant professional experience in developing and running DevOps services
- Experience in stakeholder relationship management. Influential in orchestrating key stakeholders and product teams to turn product vision into reality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, business acumen, and enterprise knowledge.
- Extensive experience in design or in implementing solutions or products and preferable experienced in quality improvement.
- Understand design thinking and can explain and convince stakeholders.
- Work with virtual/agile teams in different locations, aligning and adapting different work, culture and communication styles.
- Extensive Internet Project management experience.
- Familiarity working in a lean and agile software delivery team is preferred.
- An accomplished practitioner of design thinking, with a proven track record of developing and utilizing deep customer insights.
- Experience with the design and development of pharmaceutical life science products.
- Able to think creatively, outside of the box, and can influence stakeholders.
Job ID R0023117