CQA Program Manager
Every day, employees working in Takeda’s Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality business unit are shaping the future of healthcare. They are breaking down barriers and ensuring our life-changing medicines are available, accessible, and affordable to patients. Life-changing for you. Life-changing for patients.
Global Manufacturing and Supply Chain, and Global Quality is the backbone of Takeda, and our employees are the guardians for our patients, our products, and our reputation. As a member of our team, we can offer you the opportunity to grow in a meaningful career, develop your skills, and come to work every day knowing that what you do makes a genuine difference.
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
At Takeda, your determination and energy, combined with our cutting-edge technology and global R&D, offers families and communities hope for Better Health and a Brighter Future.
Learn more about Manufacturing, Supply Chain, and Quality careers within our global biopharmaceutical company.
At Takeda, there is an unwavering commitment to putting patients first, and to creating a workplace that is underpinned by empowerment and focused on diversity, collaboration and steadfast values.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Here, you will feel welcomed, respected, and valued as a vital contributor our global team.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
CQA Program ManagerApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Clinical Quality Assurance Program Manager in our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Program Manager working on the R&D Quality Assurance team, you will be empowered to lead Clinical Quality Assurance (CQA) activities for assigned clinical development programs, and a typical day will include:
- Lead the management of audits, quality issues and investigations, and inspections. This position requires sufficient understanding, experience in GCP and compliance, leadership, communication skills, and business acumen to conduct responsibilities with supervision.
- Provide expertise and guidance on Good Clinical Practice (GCP) and applicable regulations to clinical development teams to proactively identify compliance issues/risks and recommend mitigations
- Liaise with various Takeda R&D functions and external parties including contract auditors and investigator sites to promote a high level of quality and consistency across and within programs; develop the risk-based audit and compliance strategy for assigned programs; assist project teams in implementing corrective and preventive actions; and enable teams to be inspection ready, in support of a culture of sustainable compliance.
- Manage domestic and international audits of sites, documents, databases, vendors or internal systems in compliance with GCP and Takeda policies and procedures; assess impact of audit findings on subject safety, data integrity, and business operations.
- Under supervision, provide expertise in GCP compliance interpretation, consultation, training, and recommendations to assigned program teams and leadership
- Under supervision, develop and implement program-specific risk-based audit and compliance strategy and manage audits of sites, documents, databases, vendors or internal systems in compliance with GCP and Takeda policies and procedures.
- Assess impact of audit findings and other identified compliance risks to subject safety, data integrity, and business operations and escalate compliance risks to CQA management. Ensure audit reports and corrective actions are developed and completed within timelines mandated in internal procedures
- Assist with investigations into significant quality issues, scientific misconduct and serious breach of GCP; facilitate identification of root cause and development of appropriate corrective and preventive actions; track actions and confirm effectiveness; ensure reporting of potential or confirmed violations to regulatory authorities.
- Provide GCP compliance support during inspections of investigator sites and Takeda. Assist with development of appropriate and timely inspection responses and follow-up actions
- Collaborate with Quality Compliance and Systems team to identify and mitigate GCP quality and compliance issues with potential impact across multiple compounds, Takeda sites, or functional groups.
- Analyze, report, and present metrics for assigned programs to development teams and CQA management; recommend any required actions and monitor implementation.
- Escalate systemic and/or critical problems and recommend appropriate solutions to senior management for immediate and long-term resolution
- Perform additional GCP related activities upon request by CQA management
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- BS/BA degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or related health care industry.
- Minimum 2 years of GCP-related Quality Assurance or relevant clinical trial experience.
- Knowledge and/or awareness of ICH GCP R2 and applicable global regulations and guidance for clinical development
- Knowledge of conduct and reporting of audits and the translation of findings into corrective actions plans that mitigate risks to the company, to safety and data integrity.
- Collaborative team player with a positive attitude
- Effective technical writing skills; able to write quality positions, audit reports, and procedures.
- Strong communication skills with ability to negotiate and influence without authority in a matrix environment
- Solid judgment, project management and decision-making skills; able to manage multiple projects and demanding timelines
- Superior attention to detail and ability to analyse complex data
- GCP Quality Assurance registration/certification preferred
- Routine demands of an office-based environment
- Willingness to travel to various meetings and/or audits, including overnight trips. Some international travel may be required.
- Requires approximately 30% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Job ID R0019961