Cell Therapy Machine Learning and Manufacturing Data Automation, Scientist / Senior Scientist
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Cell Therapy Machine Learning and Manufacturing Data Automation, Scientist / Senior ScientistApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as a Cell Therapy Machine Learning and Manufacturing Data Automation, (Scientist / Senior Scientist at our Cambridge office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As a Scientist, Machine Learning and Data Automation you will be empowered to provide scientific expertise and work with internal stakeholders as well as external Partners across multiple functions at Takeda.
The Cell Therapy Pharmaceutical Sciences team is pursuing several programs towards in-human clinical studies, in addition to managing Takeda’s commercial cell therapy assets. The primary focus of this role will be to assist the Cell Therapies automation team in implementing novel ideas and advancing digital initiatives in the areas of bioprocess automation, predictive model and control, Digital Twin, data integration and analytics. At Takeda we are looking for smart, data driven, creative data scientists and machine learning engineers capable for applying artificial intelligence and machine learning in solving problems in drug discovery.
- Work with internal resources to integrate and connect data, helping lead to actionable learnings and trends
- Develop & support the understanding of the data infrastructure from discovery to clinical, across Cell Therapy functions
- Create Data Science Stack (Products): Conceptualize, prototype, and productize massive scale Data Science implementations
- Help design and create interactive visualizations that facilitate generation of insights and understanding of complex data correlations
- Shape and assess data architectures and services through automation data for cell therapies manufacturing
- Implementation and operational analytics of data services, predictive models for process control, and & other problem-solving activities applying Machine/Deep Learning.
- Investigate and implement data platforms that integrate & connect clinical, process and manufacturing data
- Understand major classes of data analytics, data services, and machine learning
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelors degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, or related pharmaceutical science and 5-10+ years relevant experience
- Masters degree in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 2-5+ years relevant experience
- PhD in chemistry, biology, pharmacy, engineering or related pharmaceutical science; 1-3+ years relevant experience
- Proficiency with a deep learning framework such as TensorFlow or Keras,
- Proficiency with mathematical modelling
- Proficiency with Python and basic libraries for machine learning such as scikit-learn and pandas
- Must display advanced knowledge in modeling of biological systems
- Solid background in scientific information and capable to implement and execute data science initiatives, analysis, machine learning.
- Prior experience in engaging with external partners, particularly with respect to technology evaluations
- Experience in multidisciplinary clinical projects and teams with ability to integrate cross-functional information
- Experience in working in conjunction with engineering and automation department to deliver phase-appropriate manufacturing solutions (including custom solutions)
- Experience in CART, immunology, immune-oncology or vaccines is preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of data/process automation elements such as programming, big data, data science, cloud computing, data management, computer science, machine learning, learning analytics, operations research, SCADA, PLC are a strong plus
- Programming knowledge in Python/R/C or similar. Further programming experience is advantageous.
- Distributed computing, stochastic modeling, sampling methods, and randomized algorithms
- Proficiency in database languages (SQL), understanding of data models and databases
- Biotech/pharma experience and dealing with pre-clinical, manufacturing, and clinical data a huge plus
- Proficient technically in types of data, databases, data wrangling, data processes and data architecture
- Strong communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- Superior organizational skills
- Self-starter, pro-active, motivated
May require approximately up to 10% travel
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
- Empowering Our People to Shine
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0022728