Associate Director, New Product Planning, Gastroenterology
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Associate Director, New Product Planning, GastroenterologyApply Now
Associate Director, New Product Planning, Gastroenterology
Are you looking for a patient-focused company that will inspire you and support your career? If so, be empowered to take charge of your future at Takeda. Join us as an Associate Director, New Product Planning, Gastroenterology in our Cambridge, MA office.
Here, everyone matters and you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission. As an Associate Director, working on the New Product Planning team, you will be responsible for early commercial strategy work in Gastroenterology, including pipeline asset strategy, market preparation, and business development assessment, and a typical day will include:
- The New Product Planning (NPP) Associate Director represents the US Business Unit on global program teams (GPTs) and appropriate GPT sub-teams for pipeline assets, leading cross-functional US teams to provide an early and objective view of the unmet needs, target profile, market potential, competitive landscape and commercial risks associated with pipeline assets in Ph1 and Ph2.
- The Associate Director also develops and executes market preparation plans and creates early brand plans for these pipeline assets prior to handing them off to US commercial teams.
- The NPP Associate Director participates in the assessment and quantification of business development opportunities for the US region, ensuring decisions and plans are informed by the US treatment and market access landscape, competitive environment, unmet needs and customer insights.
- Act as pipeline subject matter expert for Gastroenterology, working with various US functions such as managed markets, public affairs, medical affairs, communications and finance
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of assigned Gastroenterology, staying abreast of both scientific and commercial developments in the space, frequently interacting with both internal and external thought and opinion leaders
- Develop content and prepare for governance and commercialization and launch committee presentations, presenting to US president and ELT members to ensure there is a unified voice from the USBU
- Create early commercialization brand plans for 1-3 assets in Ph1 and Ph2, ensuring the US customer voice is included
- Design, scope and execute insights generation plans to collect the required US payer, provider and patient insights to inform clinical development programs and asset strategies.
- Identify the necessary clinical trial end points needed to successfully commercialize products.
- Create robust value propositions for payers and health systems, partnering closely with medical affairs, HEOR and market access
- Lead a cross-functional team to develop forecasts and operating expenses for pipeline assets for all applicable financial exercises, including MRP, MYC and LRF
- Develop and execute US market preparation activities for Ph1 and Ph2 assets
- Lead US landscape assessment projects in determining viable late-stage BD targets
- Lead the US assessment of licensing and acquisition opportunities, leading a cross-functional team to develop a forecast and associated P&L
EDUCATION, BEHAVIORAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., business, chemistry, biology); MBA or PharmD preferred
- 5+ years pharmaceutical experience, with at least 3 years in commercial roles (brand marketing, sales, market research/analytics, new product planning, managed markets)
- Previous marketing role and market access experience in US market or similar experience preferred
- Deep understanding of US pharmaceutical R&D process required; prefer prior experience working in or with development teams
- Therapeutic knowledge –prior experience working in Gastroenterology preferred
- Proven ability to quickly gain in-depth understanding of various disease states
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
- Strong understanding of US payer market dynamics, managed care organizations and pricing and reimbursement considerations
- Exceptional strategic thinking skills, ability to develop strategy, objectives and tactics to successfully bring assets to market
- Strong analytical skills, including experience with developing and testing assumptions, developing forecasts, determining commercial value, assessing risk and synthesizing qualitative and quantitative research, building research/evidence plans to inform strategy
- Strong financial acumen, including experience working with P&L and NPV
- Demonstrated ability to understand and translate clinical/scientific information
- Demonstrated ability to work across functions
- Demonstrated ability to lead with and without authority
- Willing to travel up to 30%, both domestically and internationally
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans, and considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in accordance with applicable laws. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0022688