Associate Director, Multichannel Marketing Strategy and Operations
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2019.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2018.
Associate Director, Multichannel Marketing Strategy and OperationsApply Now
Title:Associate Director, Multi Channel Marketing Strategy & Operations
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Multi Channel Marketing Strategy & Operations in our Cambridge, MA office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
As an Associate Director working on the Multi Channel Marketing Strategy & Operations team, you will be empowered to drive innovation and customer experience.
At Takeda, we share the belief that the speed of change will never be as slow as it is today. Innovative technologies continue to disrupt every sector of business - from transportation to banking, to everyday activities like buying a cup of coffee. Healthcare is no different, and with our efforts to transform our commercial model and build capabilities to keep pace with the speed of change, Takeda is uniquely positioned to participate in this disruption rather than simply react. This individual will help shape and implement the strategic marketing vision for the Neuroscience commercial organization and will therefore lead the implementation of a commercial model focused on creating unique and truly delightful experiences for our customers.
- Lead a team comprised of internal and external cross functional colleagues in developing a three-year roadmap, with a focus on delivering best in class experiences for our customers.
- Responsible for developing a process for onboarding and creating resources available throughout the development journey of our new team members.
- Leverage Design Thinking methodology to develop customer-focused experience maps and use cases, where novel platforms and technology can then be applied to create delightful experiences for our customers.
- Identify a set of consistent standards to be held constant throughout the Multi Channel Marketing organization that enable the team to fully realize the benefit of a centralized function.
- Continually monitor the external environment to identify the next generation of Multi Channel Capabilities and tools such as artificial intelligence and technology embedded within virtual assistants that will enable the organization to anticipate areas for pilot and investment.
- Partner with the Commercial Analytics and Insights organization to develop a best in case application of algorithms and intelligence derived from our 360 degree understanding of the customer.
- Responsibility for investment and trade-off decisions across the entire budget for the Multi Channel Marketing organization.
- Partner with leadership to facilitate meetings within the Multi Channel Marketing organization and develop our story to share with cross-functional colleagues and leadership.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Extensive experience in digital strategy, digital platforms, design thinking, and marketing execution
- Understand CRM management, Veeva, and the interworkings between sales and marketing
- Look for new innovative ideas in the external environment that deliver exceptional experiences for customers
- Experience in distilling complex ideas to specific use cases that are simple, clear, actionable, and exciting
- Demonstrated ability to lead and influence without authority across a wide range of disciplines
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years experience with increasing responsibilities in marketing or related commercial function
- Healthcare related experience or digital experience in consumer packaged goods, financial services, digital agency, or other industries.
- 3 years experience with digital, managing interactive and/or relationship marketing strategies
- Understanding of the brand strategy development process
- Budget ownership experience preferred
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Experience with conflict resolution
- 6 years experience with digital, managing interactive and/or relationship marketing tactics
- Work experience outside the US
- Brand management/leadership experience
- Formal training/certification in design thinking
- Deep project management experience
- None required
- Able to sit for long periods at a desk
- Able to read and review large quantities of printed material or online material
- Travel to internal and external meetings including overnights and weekends will be required, estimated up to 15% travel.
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0011975