What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the top traits we are looking for and see if you have the right mix.
Engage Others Motivates and influences others to gain support for ideas, strategies and actions in service to providing superior pharmaceutical products to patients; provides appropriate background so that messages are meaningful with audiences.
Collaboration Establishes productive relationships and partners with others across the organization to ensure common understanding of objectives and achieve shared goals.
Drive for Results Holds self and others accountable for delivering on commitments that align with our short- and long-term goals, never forgetting the end result is to help patients through innovation in medicine.
Strategic Approach Makes sound decisions that are consistent with our mission, values and organizational objectives.
Lead Change Proactively evaluates, promotes, and initiates change that creates value for patients, the organization, and our shareholders.
Self Awareness Seeks feedback from others, modifies self-perceptions and actions based on this feedback, and actively develops skills and behaviors to enhance contribution.
Develop Capabilities Seeks opportunities to develop oneself and others so that we can continue to achieve sustained growth.
Takeda builds strong, borderless and empowered teams through fairness and promoting shared goals. By working together, we optimize energy and can lead the change for a better world.
Takeda implements bold initiatives on a daily basis by striving for continuous improvement and encouraging enthusiasm and creativity. This value speaks to attracting the best minds in the industry that are committed to delivering novel therapies to patients worldwide.
Takeda respects and includes a broad range of people and ideas in its daily operations. Our organization encourages each individual to act with empathy and to apply their unique skills to realize the company’s true potential.
Takeda's drive comes from perseverance, urgency and a strong desire to contribute to patients. We put this passion to work in everything we do and demonstrate courage to fight for ideas and objectives to raise the quality of our solutions, create stronger ties with our stakeholders, and deliver results.
Takeda works to meet its responsibilities to stakeholders on a daily basis. We provide adequate support and challenge to ensure we deliver high-quality solutions that help more people around the world.
Takeda appropriately shares information and promotes honest, sincere dialogue with stakeholders to build trust. This trust enables us to strengthen our relationships with employees and external communities.
Medicine for the World
Inspired by Patients
Corporate Citizenship Activities
News and Events
Moving Mountains My Story and Why I’m Climbing.
I oversee Corporate Communications at Takeda Oncology. We're committed to discovering and developing treatments for patients with cancers.
One Vision: We aspire to cure cancer.
Takeda completes acquisition of ARIAD Pharmaceuticals, Inc., significantly enhancing our global oncology portfolio and reinforcing our commitment to develop medicines for patients living with cancer.
Rushing Toward a Cure (RTC) launched in 2006 in partnership with the Patriots Radio Network (WBZ 98.5) and our local chapter of the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS). With RTC, Takeda Oncology contributes a set financial donation to the LLS for every 100 rushing yards gained by New England during the pre, regular and post-seasons. This money helps fund vital blood cancer research, patient services and education programs.
Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited is a global, research and development-driven organization working internally and with external partners to translate science into life-changing medicines. Takeda focuses on the core therapeutic areas of oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience and providing vaccines that address the most important infectious diseases. Novel products, especially in oncology and gastroenterology, as well as our presence in emerging markets, fuel our growth.
Our US Offices are in Cambridge, MA. Research & Development employees in our Cambridge location focus on oncology, gastroenterology, immunomodulation, biologics, translational research, and external innovation. In March 2016, we opened our newest space at 300 Massachusetts Avenue, featuring 230,000 square feet of state-of-the-art office and lab space.
While Takeda is enjoying tremendous growth as an emerging global leader in the pharmaceutical industry, we remain ever mindful of our commitment to serve people worldwide by striving toward better health through leading innovation in medicine. In short, we are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
The Associate Director, Medical Communications Lead is a key member of the Global Medical Affairs (GMA) Oncology team and will support hematology products marketed in the US by Takeda. This individual will be responsible for driving an integrated US Medical Communications strategy that is aligned with the overall global brand/medical strategy and meets the needs of patients and US health care providers (HCPs). To ensure the successful execution of the US Medical Communications strategy, this role will partner with all Global Medical Communications Centers of Excellence (COEs), including publications, medical information, medical review, training, congresses, grants and sponsorships, and knowledge management.
The primary focus of the Associate Director, Medical Communications Lead (Hematology) is to provide support for the US Medical Affairs organization by supporting commercial and medical material review, and by creating and supporting Medical Communications activities (including, but not limited to, scientific platforms, evidence generation strategies, advisory boards, and market access/MSL resources), to ensure consistent use of brand‑specific scientific statements across the organization, and through different communication channels. A candidate in this role will have accountability for the implementation of the US Medical Communications plan, including those for all Medical Communications COEs.
The Associate Director, Medical Communications Lead will collaborate with other functions within US MA Oncology (eg, medical/scientific directors, MSL team), the Global Medical Affairs team and especially the Global Medical Communications team, as well as other departments within Takeda (commercial, clinical development and preclinical/translational research).
- Drive execution for US Medical Communications strategy and tactical plan that is aligned with the overall brand strategy and medical strategy in partnership with the Medical Communications COEs
- Support Medical/Scientific Director(s) with planning US medical strategy and tactical plans in collaboration with other Medical Affairs Oncology departments, commercial development, clinical development and preclinical/translational research.
- Collaborate with Medical/Scientific Directors to deliver key Medical Communications activities including, but not limited to:
- Support the medical review of promotional and non-promotional materials for the brand and pipeline products, as appropriate.
- Scientific platform: collaborate with the global medical communications lead on the development, continuous update, and US-specific adaptation (if needed) of this foundational document, including core scientific statements, that informs all medical communications, and a scientific lexicon for consistency.
- Advisory boards and company-sponsored symposia: support development of materials and content, in collaboration with the brand US Medical/Scientific Director(s) and vendors; ensure medical accuracy and appropriate review/approval.
- MSL field resources: support the development of resources to meet the needs of the US field team; ensure medical accuracy and appropriate review/approval.
- Lead cross-functional alignment and education to ensure appropriate incorporation of scientific platform evidence statements into all medical content and medical communications for US products including, but not limited to, publications, medical information responses to unsolicited requests, slides decks, and field resources to support proactive and reactive scientific exchange.
- Ensure the scientific integrity, quality and accuracy of all deliverables with a commitment to ethical practices in the preparation and dissemination of materials.
- Collaborate with the global knowledge management department on optimal storage and access to US-specific medical communications content, as well as digital solutions for content development consistent with modern medical affairs.
- Critically evaluate the published medical and scientific literature related to Takeda oncology brands, pipeline products and relevant competitive products; maintain knowledge of product areas, current trends, and current literature.
- Manage funds and resources appropriately, including medical communications vendors.
- Remain current with modern medical affairs and industry trends related to:
- Therapeutic decision making by HCPs (therapeutic area, disease state, and product info) and
- Coverage decisions by Payers and Policymakers
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- PharmD, PhD or MD degree.
- 4-5 + years Medical Affairs experience or related industry experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Oncology experience strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated results in one or more medical communications groups (eg, medical communications, publications, medical information, training).
- Understanding of pharmaceutical clinical development and product life-cycle management.
- Cross-functional team leadership experience within the Pharmaceutical or related industry.
- Creativity and innovation: Proven ability to think outside the box and challenge status quo is mandatory.
- Strategic Approach: Ability to identify opportunities and anticipate changes in the business landscape through understanding and ongoing assessment of the environment.
- Engage Others: Ability to create a clear and unifying vision inspiring matrix teams to excel.
- Collaboration: Ability to cultivate a broad network of relationships throughout the organization.
- Lead Change: Facilitate adjustment to functional or cross-functional plans and priorities in response to changes in strategic direction.
- Drive for Results: Support the creation of functional strategies and goals that are closely aligned with company objectives and develop metrics to track and assess performance.
- Pharmaceutical Industry Acumen: Strong understanding of the US regulatory and compliance environment.
Maintain minimum standards of education/certification in individual professional discipline.
Ability to drive to or fly to various meetings or client sites, including overnight trips.
Requires approximately 20-30% travel.
Empowering Our People to Shine
Learn more at takedajobs.com.
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0006592
Explore the Area
Check out where you could be
working if you apply.