Associate Director, Global Program Management
Takeda fosters a collaborative and stimulating work environment filled with opportunity and the chance to make a difference in people's lives. It is a workplace driven by integrity, one of Takeda’s long-held values that extends to both the patients we serve and our employees who develop and deliver medicines. Across our company, Takeda employees bring together diverse strengths that together create a stronger whole.
As one of the world’s leading biopharmaceutical companies, Takeda is committed to bringing Better Health and a Brighter future to people worldwide. We aspire to bring our leadership in translating science into life-changing medicines to the next level, in our core focus areas; oncology, gastroenterology, neuroscience, rare diseases, plasma-derived therapies, and vaccines. The Greater Boston Area is headquarters to many of our Global and US business units.
We are a passionate team doing important work that impacts patients’ lives. If you are driven to create better health and a brighter future, join us!
What makes a successful member of our team? Check out the traits we’re looking for and see if you have the right mix.
- Results Driven
- Team Player
Life at Takeda
A Global Top Employer
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only select companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Check Out Takeda’s Cambridge Office
View a panoramic tour of the Cambridge office, study a map of the Takeda campus, and see all the amazing nearby attractions
Research & Development
By focusing R&D efforts on four therapeutic areas and other targeted investments, our aim is to thrive at the cutting edge of innovation that solves unmet medical needs, through internal R&D and in collaboration with cross-industry partners. We have the scale and expertise to be a leading global, Values-based, R&D-driven biopharmaceutical company with dynamic, focused R&D efforts.
Bold initiatives, continuous improvement, and creativity are at the heart of how we bring scientific breakthroughs from the lab to patients.
Since 1781, the values of Takeda-ism (Integrity, Fairness, Honesty, and Perseverance) have guided everything we do—from decision-making to interacting with patients.
Our people-first mission extends beyond patients to include their families, communities, and our own Takeda family.
Through trust and respect, you will have genuine support from leaders, managers, and colleagues to do your best work.
A strong, borderless team, we strive together towards our priorities and inspiring mission.
Recognized for our culture and way of working, we’re one of only 13 companies to receive Top Global Employer® status for 2020.
Associate Director, Global Program ManagementApply Now
Are you looking for a patient-focused, innovation-driven company that will inspire you and empower you to shine? Join us as an Associate Director, Global Program Management in our Cambridge office.
At Takeda, we are transforming the pharmaceutical industry through our R&D-driven market leadership and being a values-led company. To do this, we empower our people to realize their potential through life-changing work. Certified as a Global Top Employer, we offer stimulating careers, encourage innovation, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our global teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Futureto people around the world.
Here, you will be a vital contributor to our inspiring, bold mission.
Provides excellent project management in support of one or more drug development teams spanning the transition from discovery to development through to post-approval lifecycle management. Efforts lead to development of sound strategies, operational delivery and positive team dynamics
- Core responsibilities include:
- Providing strategic direction and translating the integrated Global Product Team (GPT) asset strategy into an efficiently executable plan; predicting and planning solutions to achieve program goals and objectives; driving clarity and removing barriers to ensure team success; interfacing with management and influencing decision-making, proactive management and mitigation of development risks, and supporting appropriate communication and interface with PRC governance.
- Maintaining up-to-date and accurate key program information in PM business systems and processes including program timelines, team InterACT space and other systems as appropriate.
- Play a key role in ensuring team effectiveness, partnering with GPL and CoOP to administer team health checks to generate insights, plan & execute appropriate follow-up actions.
- Considered department wide PM SME, driving cross-divisional alignment and continuous improvement activities.
- Participates in innovative departmental process improvements with significant organizational impact and manages, as needed, non-project responsibilities, which can include processes and system optimizations.
- Partners with GPL to lead GPT or Joint Development Team (for partnered Alliance programs) to develop and maintain the asset strategy and corresponding operational development plans in conjuction with TAU and commercial strategy, lifecycle management requirements, and evidence generation/publication needs.
- Drives delivery of critical path activities to progress asset development. Identifies ways to optimize program execution without compromise to patients or compliance.
Program Operational Excellence
- Ensures asset strategy and integrated development plan have a patient-centric focus, incorporates innovative approaches that are meaningful to patients, HCPs, regulators & payers, and adhere to the highest standards of operational excellence in drug development and life cycle management. Serves as facilitator and driver of GPT and Clinical Sub-teams to ensure progress of asset development. This includes establishing meeting agendas in partnership with GPL and GCL, respectively, facilitating effective team discussions, driving to clear and timely team actions and decisions, holding team members accountable for action follow-through. Ensures team effectiveness through team health checks with development and appropriate follow-through on action plans to boost team productivity. Partners with the GPL and program finance lead to provide financial oversight of the program including global, cross-divisional budgets. Includes consolidation, vetting and prioritization of GPT spending to deliver critical path activities.
Leverages team members to proactively identify potential issues or obstacles and achieves resolution or plans contingencies. Follow issues through to resolution ensuring that all key stakeholders are informed of outcomes and program implications.Proactively addresses and removes barriers to program progress, keeping leadership informed of critical considerations (e.g., resources, performance). Provides clarity and direction in urgent or unexpected situations. Independently resolves complex issues and competing priorities that may impact achievement of goals, creates mitigation plans and drives to resolution.
Communication and Reporting
Manages scheduled and ad-hoc program status reporting, citing progress to program goals/KPIs, proactively identifying risk with planned mitigation(s), and providing rationale for timeline and budget variances. Participate in portfolio analyses to communicate program development progress, opportunities, and risks to Senior & Executive Management.Responsible for leading preparation efforts for governance engagement to support and drive asset objectives and deliverables.Facilitates relevant communications to appropriate stakeholders and in conjuction with Alliance Managers, with Alliance partners.
Considered a department–wide PM SME, driving cross-divisional alignment and continuous improvement activities. May participate in initiatives that have cross-functional or cross-divisional impact that are critical to the objectives of the Therapeutic Area Unit (TAU), Center of Operational Performance (CoOP), CMSO and/or global business objectives
EDUCATION, BEHAVIOURAL COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree science or business-related field
- Advanced degree in science or business is preferred
- Preferred: 5-7 years of in-depth pharmaceutical industry experience and drug development in all phases of development with significant experience within related functions (e.g. Clinical Science, Clinical Operations, Research, Regulatory, CMC, Marketing)
- 3-5 years program management experience leading complex pharmaceutical projects in a multi-disciplinary, global environment
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence outcomes, key project decisions, and strategic problem-solving
- Proven ability to communicate clearly and present key information objectively to all levels of the organization including executive management
Knowledge and Skills
- Matrix program leadership and management skills are required
- Thorough knowledge of Therapeutic Area preferable but not required
- Ability to influence and negotiate in a matrix environment to optimize development and address barriers
- Proactive risk management with ability to propose solutions and deliver appropriate mitigation plan
- Ability to communicate (written and verbal) with impact to provide appropriate context, articulate views, drive clarity, and address barriers to progress program development
- Ability to drive decision-making within a cross-functional and cross-cultural, global team structure
- Flexibility, tolerance and diplomacy to best manage change and differing opinions
- Ability to work in a virtual setting/across time-zones, i.e., making effective use of communication tools (WebEx, TelePresence, telephone and video conferencing, etc.)
- Ability to inspire and motivate in a matrix and global, cross-geographical team
- Ability to work in a highly complex, multi-cultural, environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- A solid business background as well as excellent commercial understanding
- Highly effective presentation skills
- Experience with Microsoft Project Professional, SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint & Word
- Fluent in English
WHAT TAKEDA CAN OFFER YOU:
- 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Tuition reimbursement Company match of charitable contributions
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs
Empowering Our People to Shine
Discover more at takedajobs.com
No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please.
Job ID R0022393